Tuesday, July 16, 2013

TV Review: Teen Wolf: Frayed(3.05)

                                                    Teen Wolf: Frayed(3.05)Review
  • This episode had a kind of different type of format with how there were quite a few flashbacks to something that happened a few days ago.
  • I really enjoyed how Scott and Stiles were studying words that I assume will be on the PSAT I believe and I liked how Stiles tried to slip Drach in there because they need to talk about it.
  • I was a bit concerned by Scott's injury that just wasn't healing but I mostly enjoyed seeing how Stiles, Alison, Isaac and Boyd worried about his health.
  • I was a bit surprised to hear that Derek was dead but I didn't actually believe that he was really dead but having the characters believed that he was dead worked pretty well for me.
  • I liked the scene from earlier in the week were Scott confronts Alison about being there that night were they lead Boyd and Cora into the school, I just really enjoyed that scene it was overall pretty cute and quite flirty until the last part of the scene which was bit more serious.
  • I liked how Scott told Alison that while he thinks that she could beat him in a fight if she really wanted the reason he wants her to stay out of the alpha pack stuff is because they scare him and he thinks that they should scare her too and also he just basically wants her safe.
  • I liked that Alison decided to take Lydia and follow the cross-country teams bus because she wanted to make sure that Scott was okay.
  • I disliked that Lydia hooked up with Aiden but I'm going to assume it was just a one time thing because that seems to be her thing with guys this season.
  • I really enjoyed how the Coach kept yelling some kid named Jared on the bus because he was car sick and really enjoyed when the Coach was saying that he what vomit back on Jared if he vomited.
  • I liked Boyd was so upset about Derek's death that he wanted to hurt Ethan but I'm glad that Scott was able to stop him before he did anything, I also liked that when Boyd noticed that Scott's injury wasn't healing that his expression turned from one of anger to one of concern.
  • I liked how when Stiles saw that Ethan was checking his phone a lot he text Danny who was sitting with Ethan to find out why and I loved that when Danny refused to answer the question that Stiles wouldn't stop texting them until he got an answer.
  • I actually kind of like the idea of Danny and Ethan they had a few nice little moments in this episode although I do feel a bit weird about liking them.
  • I kind of liked that in Scott's scene with Deucalion in the elevator that he was really surprised to find out that he lived in Alison's apartment building.
  • I loved that when Scott heard Derek's plan to kill Deucalion that he asked why is the default plan always to kill someone, I just really love that Scott is still so against killing anyone because it's actually a pretty rare thing in supernatural shows.
  • I find it a bit odd that it seemed like Scott and Peter was on the same page not killing Deucalion although I think it's probably for very different reasons, Peter with the whole you don't know what will happen if you kill the head of an alpha pack and not believing they stand a chance and Scott not wanting anyone to get hurt.
  • I liked how Cora and Peter went on to investigate things after they discover that Derek's and Ennis's bodies have moved, I also like that they don't seem to fully trust each other.
  • I liked how Stiles knew that Alison and Lydia had been following the bus for hours and I liked that he called them in order to make plan so they could help Scott out.
  • I liked how after the Coach refused to listen to any kind of reason to pull over the bus that Stiles used Jared's carsickness in order to get the Coach to pullover at the next rest stop.
  • I liked how on the night of the fight that Scott tried to keep Isaac out of it but he refused to let him go alone.
  • I liked that everyone predicted the whole Scott wanting to have a peace talk with Deucalion thing.
  • I find it interesting that Deaton doesn't seem to be frighten by the alpha packs threats. I also found it interesting that while Ms. Morrell is clearly working for the alpha pack it doesn't look like it's by choice.
  • I liked that Deaton would only help the alpha pack because he believed that not helping them could endanger Scott.
  • I liked how when scared for Scott Alison, Stiles and Lydia looked when they saw Scott's wound at the rest stop.
  • I liked that Lydia figured out that the reason that Scott wasn't healing was all in his head since he felt guilty about Derek dying he wouldn't let himself heal so if he were stitched up he could be tricked into thinking he's healing and then heal.
  • I felt bad for Alison when she was so worried about Scott that she couldn't even thread a needle because she couldn't keep her hands from shaking. I liked how Alison thought of her mom and what she would tell her about how to handle this situation and how that advice was enough for her to calm down and save Scott's life.
  • I liked that the night of the fight Alison pretty much saved Derek from having to choose between killing Boyd or letting his sister die.
  • I liked how when Peter brought Cora to Deaton's office and he talked about not knowing how to get in there that Cora said they could just use the front door.
  • I find it interesting and rather disturbing that after Deucalion hears that Ennis would make a full recovery that Deucalion kills Ennis.
  • I liked how when Isaac heard about Scott nearly dying from an injury from the alpha fight that Isaac started beating the crap out Ethan and only stop when Scott told him to stop and he just looked so relieved that Scott was alright.
  • I liked how when Alison heard that the bus was leaving and that they didn't have time to stop for gas that she decided that her and Lydia would just go on the bus.
  • I really loved that Alison and Scott were sitting together and that Scott told Alison thank you for saving his life and thank you for not listening to him with staying out of the whole alpha pack thing.
  • I also loved that Stiles and Lydia sat by each other on the bus and I liked how they talked about the Drach and Lydia brought up that some ancient clans would sacrifice people while preparing for battle.
  • I wasn't surprised to discover that Derek was alive but I'm a bit confused about why he would go to Jennifer the new teacher for help.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment