Friday, July 26, 2013

Fangirl Friday 38

Fangirl five Friday is a weekly meme host Nancy Drew is my Homegirl and what it's meme that has you list the top five things you've been fangirling about this week.



1. Orphan Black: I watched the first four episodes of this show this week and I really love it so far with the whole concept of there being clones from all over the world and that there someone's experiment and that for some reason there being hunted down and killed. I find the whole concept really intriguing and each episode is exciting and I think that Tatiana Maslany's acting is incredible with how she was able to play all of the clones and how she was able to make them seem like completely different people especially since they were from a number of different countries as well which meant that there quite a few accents that she had to master. So far my favorite clones are Sarah and Cosima, I really love Sarah because I just find her interesting in that she's the kind of person that would take over a another person's life after she sees them commit suicide and be able to pass at them convincingly but she's also cares very much for her daughter and is willing to track down a person that she's pretty sure will kill her. With Cosima since I haven't seen a whole lot of her yet it's just really because I like her attitude which is sort of laid back, more optimistic then the others and she seems to be interested in finding out more about the clones through science. My favorite non-clone character is Felix Sarah's foster brother who is the only non-clone to know about the whole clone thing as of yet that we know about.






2. Chihayafuru: I watched the first episode of this anime awhile ago but I didn't really ended up really getting into the series until I started watching it this week. I'm really loving the series so far, I love that the game of karuta is being used in a way that it represents a connection and ambition for the main character and that it also was made to seem a lot more exciting then you'd think it could be because it's just a card game but this anime makes it seem like so much more than a card game. I really loved how when Chihaya, Taichi and Arata were children that they came together through playing karuta and I really loved that it was thing that was meant to connect them once again once they were older since they were all going their separate ways when gradated elementary school. I love seeing Chihaya passion for the game of karuta and I love seeing how much she sincerely loves the game and how much joy it gives her when she sees that someone else shares her love for karuta. I love Taichi because even though he seems to be good at everything he isn't really passionate about anything and I just find that I really love his character with how he pretends to not care about things such as karuta or Chihaya but his actions always seem to show that he cares especially about Chihaya who I'm pretty sure he has a crush on her. I also really love the character Kana who loves karuta for a very different reason she loves the poems and the history behind them and I really love that show showed that there were many ways to love karuta and there was no right way to do so. Also the animation in this series is really beautiful so that makes the show even more fun to watch.
3. The Chronicles of Narnia: This week I read The Magicians Nephew which is the first book in my set of the books and I really enjoyed it. Reading about the beginning of Narnia was a delight and I really loved the main characters Digory and Polly they were great characters who were easy to like and I loved the friendship that the two of them shared in the book. I also really enjoyed seeing how the rings could take them to all sorts of different worlds and I liked that each world was different and I liked how there was backstory given to the White Witch as well in this book. Overall the first book of the series was great and I plan to continue my reading of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment