1. Love Triangles: I know that love triangles have been around forever and unfortunately aren't going anywhere but I don't like them and they are everywhere so I choose to avoid them when I can. I also think that love triangles are usually lazy writing because they usually occur to cause conflict in a relationship but a better way to cause conflict is having the couple have different values, goals or plans and then have the characters try to sort those things out because that leads to not only great character development(which you won't get in a love triangle) and strengths the relationship not weaken the relationship like a love triangle does. I know that people say that love triangles are only bad if there not written well but almost all love triangles are written badly that I've read or seen the only okay ones I can think of are Liberta/Felicita/Nova(Arcana Famiglia),Summer/Seth/Anna(The OC) and that time when Sakura and Syaoran both had a crush on Yukito in Cardcaptor Sakura but then they ended up with each other and Yukito ended up with Sakura's brother, pretty sure the last one doesn't count as a love triangle but it's still my favorite.
2. Graphic Sex: No... Just, no. Also gross and yuck and I don't ever need or want to read anything like that ever.
3. Superfluous Descriptions: I'm not a huge fan of descriptions so when I feel like it's unnecessarily long I tend to hold that against the entire book and the author in general. I know that descriptions are needed up if you say describe a forest and you neglect plot development and naming characters to instead ramble on about the forest for the 15th time I'm going to ended up hating the book.
4. Love Dystopia: I love Dystopias and I love romance but I don't want the dystopian society to be about how your not meant to fall in love or choose who you love because it makes it too easy for the series to become a love triangle set in a futuristic world instead of a dystopian novel so I prefer that dystopian not involve romance but I have zero problems with a romantic sub plot in fact I hope for one, I just don't want it to be the main plot in this sort of book.
5. Bad Boy love interest: My definition of what a bad boy here maybe a bit different then most because I'm not talking about a trouble but cute boy which translates to me as some who's made mistakes and feels bad about that or has a dark past and is trying to move past it.I'm talking about the guy who's an asshole for no real reason, the guy that feels he's entitled to the girl even after she rejects him or is just a bad person. I dislike this type of guy as a love interest because I don't want to read about the main character falling in love with someone who treats her like crap because that's sad not romantic like the book is trying to tell me it is.
6. Dumb Mean Girls: I don't really mind the mean girl character in fact I tend to enjoy them because they usually have good bitchy one liners that make me laugh and have a level of confidence that I admire a bit and usually always look great. But if the mean girl is dumb then she's no fun and is she annoying also it seems weird that the main character can be bothered by her.
7. Sports: I don't like sports at all there not my thing and I'm not interest in them expect for womens gymnastics and womens figure skating but the sports books are never about those sports so I'm not interested in reading about sports because I find them boring.
8. Medical Drama: I'm just not really interested in the medical stuff unless it's mental health or bio-tech in a sci-fi or dystopian series.
9. Westerns: I've seen westerns before and I didn't enjoy them and I'm guessing that's not going to change in book form although it did with war(I loved Catch-22 and liked Slaughter House Five) but I doubt it would happen with westerns.
10. Zombies: I just don't think I'd like them because I always think of zombies as gross although I did love both Zombieland and Warm Bodies so maybe I should give them a try.