- I really liked the sense of closeness that was felt in the first scene between the knights, Arthur and Merlin.
- I liked that Merlin warned everyone about the shrine being cursed but I hated that everyone ignored his warning and that Elyan was stupid enough to drink the water after being warned that the place was cursed.
- I liked that when Merlin promised Gauis he wasn't planning on returning to the shrine he felt the need to say that he wasn't lying this time because he spends so much of his time lying about everything.
- I liked that Elyan tried to protect himself from the spirit by using salt because of what Gwaine said earlier in the episode.
- I liked the scene were Merlin complains about Arthur never appreciating everything he does for him.
- I liked that the other knights were concerned about Elyan and want to keep things from Arthur in order to protect him.
- I liked the scene were Merlin found Arthur asleep on the table and that his hair was covered in stew and I liked how he teased him and how Arthur couldn't come up with a good excuse as to why he fell asleep like that. I also liked that later on when the knights notice the stew in Arthur's hair Merlin told them it was there because he was reading.
- I liked that Elyan went from being fearful of the spirit boy to becoming sympathetic of the spirit boy.
- I loved that Arthur actually listened to Merlin when he told him that Elyan was possessed but I hated that he started to doubt him after Agravaine talk to him a bit.
- I liked the scene were Merlin tells Gauis of his plans to reveal the spirit that is possessing Elyan.
- I find the guards of Camelot to be hilarious with the ways that Merlin is able to distract them from their jobs such as when that barell rolled away and both of them felt the need to chase it.
- I liked the scene were Merlin and Elyan talk a bit after Merlin breaks Elyan out of jail.
- I loved Colin Morgan's acting in the scene were Merlin looks down the well and sees what has happened at the site before.
- I found it really frightening when Elyan was possessed with the boy's spirit and spoke in his voice.
- I loved that Arthur didn't tell Agravaine that he knew Elyan was possessed and rather asked Gauis's advice for how to deal with it.
- I loved that Merlin followed Arthur and that when Arthur found out that Merlin was following him he didn't question why Merlin would just randomly decide to follow a mysterious cloaked figure.
- I loved the speech that Arthur gave to the spirit that is possessing Elyan and I loved that he said he was wrong to do what he did and that he would no longer hurt the druids. I also loved Bradley James acting in that scene.
- I loved the scene at the end of the episode between Merlin and Arthur.
Sunday, May 6, 2012
TV Review: Merlin: A Herald of the New Age(4.10)
Merlin: A Herald of the New Age(4.10)Review