Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Book Review: The Darkest Powers: The Awakening

                                       The Darkest Powers: The Awakening Review
The Awakening the second book in the Darkest Powers series starts off an hour or so after the first book ends. The book starts with Chloe trying to figure out how to escape the Edison Group as well as looking into what they're really up to. Then the second part of the book deals with Chloe being on the run from the Edison Group.

I really liked the pacing of the book because through out most of the book the story moves along pretty fast, I mean the whole book is probably takes place in less than a week. I also liked that we find out some answers like who the Edison Group is and at least part of what their doing as well as who ruined their escape attempt. It was also nice to learn that Rae was part fire demon and Tori is a witch. I also really liked that Tori was not as much as a bitch in this book and we got to know her better in this book.

I also really liked Chloe in this book for how she tried to plan her escape by getting them to take her out instead of try to break out herself. I also liked how she was curious about her powers and that she tested a few things out and made a few mistakes. I also continue to love that she thinks of her situation in movie terms and that she points out how the situation is different from what would happen in the movies.

I overall loved this book for it's plot, characters and pacing. I'm really looking forward to reading the next book in the series. Please tell me your thoughts on the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment