Friday, December 7, 2012

TV Review: Vampire Diaries: We'll Always Have Bourbon Street(4.08)

                 Vampire Diaries: We'll Always Have Bourbon Street(4.08)Review
  • I really hated any scene between Damon and Elena this episode because I find their relationship to be very creepy, gross, disgusting and I just can't stand to watch the two of them interact now with this whole sire bond thing it's just really hard for me to watch.
  • I'm glad that Damon didn't know about the sire bond thing with Elena before this episode and that this is the sort of thing that creeps even him out which is saying a lot.
  • I continue to love Caroline telling Elena that Damon is bad for her and that she doesn't think Elena should be with him because Caroline has been treated awfully by Damon in the past and because of that treatment Caroline feels she needs to protect Elena from him.
  • The thing with Charlotte's utter devotion and literally doing anything Damon told her even if it was something that was clearly a joke showed how sick and completely unromantic a sire bond is and I also like that it's something that actually seems to frighten Damon a bit because it just seems to get worse over time and there's really not anything anyone can do about it.
  • I also liked how clearly freaked out both Stefan and Damon were that Charlotte was still doing what Damon told her to do more or less seventy years after he left her because I find this whole sire bond to be the creepiest thing this show has ever done.
  • I really loved seeing Lexi again and I loved seeing her helping out Stefan and telling Damon what he needed to do what is best for Stefan.
  • I loved how Stefan and Damon seemed to make up with each other in the forties right away and I loved that they both wanted to spend more time together. I loved that Damon said he just needed his little brother because I've always suspected this was true but it's really nice to be proven right. I really loved all the stuff with Damon and Stefan's relationship in the past and I really wished that this show was about Damon and Stefan's screwed up sibling relationship instead of a boring love triangle.
  • I liked that Bonnie was happy and excited about preforming magic again but I'm sad that it's probably part of an evil scheme for Professor Shane and that it's darker than dark magic.
  • I liked that although Bonnie was alot less vocal than Caroline it was clear that she also doesn't want her best friend in a relationship with Damon because Damon has really hurt her in the past as well.
  • I really disliked how it seems like the show is saying that Elena has the moral high ground in her argument with Caroline about how she wants her friends to be happy about her being in a relationship with Damon even though it may be because of a sire bond and Damon has done awful things to her best friends in the past.
  • I'm glad that Hayley seemed to only be working for Professor Shane in order to gain information about her birth parents but I suspect that what ever Professor Shane is going to do with the hybrids is really bad.
  • I'm glad that Damon tried to make Charlotte let him go but I'm not sure about how effective it actually was for her.
  • I really loved every scene between Caroline and Stefan and I love that the show is letting these two have scenes together again because I just love their friendship.
  • I really hate that the show seems like it's trying to say that the sire bond between Damon and Elena is romantic even though pretty much the whole episode was about how creepy and awful sire bonds are.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment