Saturday, December 29, 2012

End of Year Book Survey 2012

                                                               Best in Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2012?
Fantasy: Game of Thrones
Contemporary: Perfect
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
 Anna and the French Kiss, I was really looking forward to reading Anna and the French Kiss because I heard it's was this great sweet romance with wonderfully developed characters, a relate able main character and an extremely charming love interest. But once I actually read the book I felt like it was okay but not really anything special and I hated that St. Clair had a girlfriend the almost the whole book even though it was clear that he was in love with Anna and he basically went on dates with her all year and that he only broke up with his other girlfriend once his friends caught him with his tongue halfway down Anna's throat and I felt like the writing of St.Clair was trying to make him too perfect with the being French but having a British accent, I really didn't like St.Clair so that kind of ruined the book for me.
3.Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012? The Lost Gate, I just kind of picked this book up one day in the book store and I was happy to discover that it was a great story of someone coming of age and also having the whole mage thing and all it's mythology.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012? Probably, Fruits Basket because Fruits Basket is my favorite series of all time it's a great story with great character development for all of it's characters and it also does a great job at writing relationships of both friendship and romance.
5.Best series you discovered in 2012? A Song of Ice and Fire
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012? George R.R. Martin, the write of A Song of Ice and Fire series.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you? The Poisoner's Handbook, this book was non-fiction and had to do with different kinds of poisons and I ended up really enjoying this book which I thought I wouldn't since I was only reading it because it was assigned for a class.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012? The Awakening, the second book in The Darkest Powers series was even more exciting than the first.
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year: Tokyo Babylon volumes 5-7 because I still have to review those volumes therefore I have reread them next year.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012? Hex Hall
 
11. Most memorable character in 2012? I can't really pick just one so I'm going to list my top 3.
1. Daernerys(A Song of Ice and Fire): Daernerys is a great character who had a fantastic character arc in Game of Thrones and she was able to walk through fire without getting burned and brought dragons back from excination all of which is very memorable.
2. Sansa(A Song of Ice and Fire): I just really loved, understood and related to her character through out most of the first book and I really feel bad for at the end of the book but I really admire how she's keeping herself together in A Clash of Kings.
3. Cole St. Clair(Wolves of Mercy Falls): I just love that he's filled with self-hatred and he's such a wreck and really reckless but also very smart and I think he brings a lot to the series.
12.Most beautifully written book read in 2012? I'd say Tricks by Ellen Hopkins she has the most beautiful way of writing and her characters always have such depth.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012? Game of Thrones, I just got really obsessed with both the book and tv series after reading this book.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read? Thirteen Reasons Why, I've been wanting to read this book for like five years and I finally read it this year and I loved it.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
Sansa stared hard at his ugly face, remembering how he had thrown down her father for Ser Ilyn to behead, wishing she could hurt him , wishing that some hero would throw him down and cut off his head. But a voice inside her whispered,  There are no heroes,and she remembered what Lord Petyr had said to her, here in this very hall. "Life is not a song, sweetling," he'd told her. "You may learn that one day to your sorrow."  In life,the monsters win, she told herself, and now the Hound's voice she heard, a cold rasp, metal on stone. "Save yourself some pain, girl and give him what he wants."-Game of Thrones
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Shortest: Don't Judge a Girl by her Cover: 263
Longest: Game of Thrones: 673
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.)
The end of Game of Thrones and volume 7 of Tokyo Babylon were both things that made me cry and want to talk to someone about what had happened.
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Sophie and Jenna's friendship from Hex Hall, I just really loved their friendship and I found myself enjoying the parts with the two of them the most.
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously:Perfect by Ellen Hopkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment