Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Top 10 Books I read in 2012

1. Game of Thrones: I love this book because of the world that it creates and I love how real and detailed that world is. I love that there are so many narrators in the book and that they all bring something different to the story, my favorite characters are Daenerys, Sansa and Tyrion. I love the plot with all the medieval politics which is a deadly game that almost every character is a part of whether they want to be or not.
2. Perfect: I love this book because it deals with four teenagers different ideas of what it means to be perfect and than shows how willing they are to achieve this perfection. I also love that it's a companion novel to Impulse one of my all time favorite books and I love the verse that Ellen Hopkins tells this story in. I love that this book was told from four different characters point of view as well.
3. Tokyo Babylon volume 7: I love this book because it pretty much broke my heart the entire time I was reading this book and for quite sometime afterwards as well, I just love it when a book can give me this strong of an emotional reactions. I love this series and all three of the main characters so it made me really sad to loose one and have another one be completely broken at the end of the series but I think this whole volume was brilliantly written and this was how the series had to end.
4.The Son of Neptune: I love this book because it's another adventure story by Rick Riordan that deals with demigods and I love that Percy Jackson(one of my favorite book characters of all time) is back in this book and once again a narrator. I love seeing how different the Roman camp was from the Greek one and I loved meeting new characters and go on a new adventure, I also love how the humor is still a big part of the book.
5. Tricks: Another lovely book by Ellen Hopkins this time it has to do with a bunch of different young people who end up selling themselves in order to survive. I love this book because it had a wide variety of characters who all made different choices but ended up in similar situations which I found to be very interesting. I loved reading about this characters even though they've all make huge mistakes through out the book they're still very interesting characters to read about.
6. Thirteen Reasons Why: I love this book because of how it explains why Hannah would commit suicide but at the same time it also shows how someone's suicide effects the people the person left behind deals with the aftermath. I also find it sad and interesting that it wasn't one big thing but a bunch of little things that led to Hannah's decision.
7. The Lost Hero: I love this book because it has an interesting plot, I love all three of these new main characters and I loved seeing some of my old favorite characters from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series as well. I loved learning more about the mythology of this world, learning more about the new prophecy and I was really invested in the relationship between Jason and Piper as well.
8. The Awakening: The second book in the Darkest Powers series is much better than the first in my opinion because I feel like the book had a good pace this time I found that the plot moved pretty fast at the beginning and the end of the book and I loved that when the plot slowed down in the middle of the book it was in order to develop characters, relationships or powers.
9. Linger:I really loved this book because I loved all of the characters and I loved their different stories they had in this book. I also love that this book introduced the character Cole who is extremely interesting and a great contrast to Sam who is still my favorite character. I also loved that Isabel was a narrator in this book because I always found her character interesting but now I love her even more. I also love the new developments in the mythology of the series as well.
10. Hex Hall: I love this fun tale of a witch at boarding school and I love all the twists that happen towards the end of the book. I also love Sophie's friendship with Jenna and Sophie relationship with Archer as well.

6 comments:

  1. Great picks! The Percy Jackson series is a favorite of mine too. I think The Mark of Athena is the best installment yet. Love Hex Hall too. I just finished the last of the Game of Thrones books....oh the long wait. Here are my favorites http://wp.me/pzUn5-1l4

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite characters are Sansa and Tyrion. I have to disagree with you on Thirteen Reasons Why though; I hated that book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Game of Thrones is both on my to-read list and my to-watch list. I've heard the story and the characters are brilliant, and everyone I know is absolutely obsessed with it. I'm really curious what it's like.

    Perfect has been on my TBR for a while. After reading your description, I'll definitely have to bump it up.

    Percy Jackson and Hex Hall are two series I've been wanting to read for a while. Anything with mythology, magic, and boarding schools (in the case of Hex Hall) has my attention.

    I've never read Tokyo Babylon, but I've seen it around. I'll definitely have to give it a go when I catch up with Gakuen Alice in January.

    So glad to see Thirteen Reasons Why on this list! It is one of the most moving books I've ever had the pleasure of reading, and like you, I loved the way several things gradually contributed to Hannah's decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read any of Ellen Hopkins' books, they sound really interesting! And I love Percy Jackson & Hex Hall too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got some really good books on here. A Game of Thrones and Linger. And 13 Reasons Why. Great choices!

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a huge fan of Ellen Hopkins. I'm actually reading Tilt right now, and Impulse and Perfect are my favourites!

    Samantha @ Reading-AndCoffee

    ReplyDelete