1. George R.R. Martin: I love the A Song of Ice and Fire series although I'm just now starting on A Clash of Kings, I love the Martin writes it gives just the right amount of description and emotional depth to the story and I feel like every word he wrote needed to be written which is saying a lot due to how long the books are.
2. Orson Card Scott: I read the book The Lost Gate which he wrote and I really loved the book overall and how the book was written as well.
3. Rachel Hawkins: I'm reading Hex Hall right now and I just love the way that it's written there's a nice sense of humor about the book and the book seems to be able to balance the witch stuff and the teenage stuff excellently.
4. Jay Asher: I read Thirteen Reasons Why this year and this book was very well written and intriguing in a sad way.
5. Stephanie Perkins: I read Anna and the French Kiss this year and while I was disappointed by the book overall, I still loved the way that Stephanie Perkins wrote the book in this way that was light and fun.
6. Naoko Takeuchi: I started reading the Sailor Moon manga this year and I found it to be very exciting with good characters and a good romance not to mention that the artwork is absolutely beautiful.