Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top 5 New to me Authors of 2012

1. George R.R. Martin: I love the A Song of Ice and Fire series although I'm just now starting on A Clash of Kings, I love the Martin writes it gives just the right amount of description and emotional depth to the story and I feel like every word he wrote needed to be written which is saying a lot due to how long the books are.
2. Orson Card Scott: I read the book The Lost Gate which he wrote and I really loved the book overall and how the book was written as well.
3. Rachel Hawkins: I'm reading Hex Hall right now and I just love the way that it's written there's a nice sense of humor about the book and the book seems to be able to balance the witch stuff and the teenage stuff excellently.
4. Jay Asher: I read Thirteen Reasons Why this year and this book was very well written and intriguing in a sad way.
5. Stephanie Perkins: I read Anna and the French Kiss this year and while I was disappointed by the book overall, I still loved the way that Stephanie Perkins wrote the book in this way that was light and fun.
6.  Naoko Takeuchi: I started reading the Sailor Moon manga this year and I found it to be very exciting with good characters and a good romance not to mention that the artwork is absolutely beautiful.

5 comments:

  1. I have got to add Perkins to my list next year. She's shown up on two or three so far. Glad you read 13 Reasons Why and loved it. One of my favorites!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to start reading Stephanie Perkins work next year. I'm so excited! I am also going to read Thirteen Reasons Why. I was also debating on whether or not adding Rachel Hawkins to my list, because I loved her writing but I turned against it in the end. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My library finally got Stephanie Perkin’s books in, so I’m excited to read them! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/top-ten-favorite-new-to-me-authors-i-read-in-2012/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the first Hex Hall book and enjoyed it, but never got to the second or third. I'd really like to soon though. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW did I miss that you started reading Sailor Moon?! It's my go-to series for anime and manga (but especially manga, which is one hundred times superior to the anime, and hence why they're recreating the anime this summer). The story is just so intricately plotted and written, the characters (especially Usagi and Mamoru) are so richly developed, and I love what it says about romance and friendship and perseverance. It's also one of the stories most praised for its portrayal of fantastic female relationships, sexuality, and heroines that are stronger than basically every man in the entire series. I'm so glad you're enjoying it (if it isn't already obvious, it's kind of my favorite)!

    ReplyDelete