Friday, December 28, 2012

Movie Review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

                                         The Perks of Being a Wallflower Review
The Perks of Being a Wallflower is based off of my favorite book of the same title and it's a boy named Charlie(Logan Lerman) and how he deals with his first year of high school. Charlie as a problem with participating in things and his problem is helped when he befriends Sam(Emma Watson) and Patrick(Ezra Miller). Through Sam and Patrick Charlie is introduced to a lot of different things and new people. Charlie always develops a crush on Sam but never real acts on it because he feels like she might not like that. Charlie also deals with problems having to due with his Aunt Helen's death from when he was a little boy and by the end of the film he remembers some rather disturbing things about their relationship.

I really loved this movie and I felt like it was a great adaption of the book which I also love even though one storyline was almost entirely cut out it didn't detract from the overall quality of the story. I'm especially glad that Logan Lerman did such a great job portraying Charlie and his awkwardness, sincere kindness and emotional breakdown at the end of the film, because these are all part of the reason Charlie was one of my favorite characters of all time in the book and this film brought Charlie to life perfectly. I thought that everyone else also gave great performances in the movie as well and I overall loved this movie. Please tell me your thoughts about this movie or about the book or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment