- I found the backstory about how do to radiation people have been unable to live on earth for the last 97 years but instead must live in a space station where all crimes no matter how small are punishable by death if the person is older than 18 years old.
- I like how this episode started with the 100 prisoners being sent down to earth for a trial run in order to see if the earth was safe for humans.
- I like that from early on in the episode it was clear that Clarke was a very sensible person with how she dealt with everything and how she was throughout the episode telling other characters what they needed to do in order to stay alive.
- I like that Wells a former friend of Clarke's and the Chancellor's son got himself arrested in order to be there for Clarke once they landed on earth but I was sad to learn that he somehow reported on something about her dad that got him killed so Clarke now says she hates him which I think seems fair although she didn't really act like she hated him for most of the episode.
- I like that the first time we see Bellamy is when he's assuming a leadership role to most of the 100 and that he's presented as a bit of a foil to Clarke with Clarke pointing out that the air might not be safe and him pointing out that if the air isn't safe their all dead anyways so what's the point of waiting.
- I liked how Octavia run up to Bellamy once she knew he was on the ship because she hasn't been able to see her brother in over a year and I liked that Bellamy said he made sure that he was on the ship so that he could look out for Octavia on earth.
- I liked that when people started talking about how Octavia is the girl who hide under the floors that she wanted to fight them over that and that Bellamy stopped her and told her to let them remember her for something else and then gave her the chance to be the first person to stand on her in 100 years, I also loved how fond of her he looked while he watched her excitement.
- I thought that the earth itself looked really cool with it being basically one huge forest and I really like the glow in the dark trees but I found the two headed deer and the river shark to be pretty creepy.
- I'm not a big fan of Finn or how he calls Clarke princess even after it's clear that she dislikes that nickname. Also he was kind of an idiot with how he unbuckled himself during the landing and two guys died because they followed his horrible example.
- I liked that Clarke realized where they had landed and how far away they are from the food supply and she starts to map out the best course to get to where the food so that they all can survive.
- I liked that Finn stopped that one guy from beating up Wells and I found it interesting that Will only has one real leg and I'm curious about why that is.
- I liked how Clarke explained that the wristbands show the people up in the space station if it's safe for them to come down and live on earth and how Bellamy uses this information to get a lot of people later in the episode to take off their wristbands because he knows that he will most likely be killed if the people from the space station come down.
- I liked how Clarke, Finn, Octavia, Jasper and Monty went off on the journey to find food, I liked how towards the beginning of it Octavia told Clarke that Finn is her's and Clarke replies she doesn't care.
- I find it sad that no one is allowed to have more than one child and that Octavia's only crime is being born and that her mother was executed for keeping her alive.
- I was surprised that we learned so quickly that the bad thing that Bellamy did to get on the ship was shoot the Chancellor and I wonder if he did it because he needed to or out of revenge for what his laws has done to his family or a little bit of both.
- I liked that when Octavia was almost eaten by a river shark or something that Jasper and ended up jumping in to save her and that he was actually able to get them both to shore.
- I think that it's pretty scary that the space station can only support life for a total of four more months even after sending the 100 down to earth and that trying to tell this secret is what got Clarke arrested and her father killed.
- I was worried about Clarke's mother Abigail when she was sentence to death for using too much blood and oxygen to save the Chancellor's life so that Marcus Kane wouldn't come to power and I was glad that she didn't die.
- I liked how Wells stood up to Bellamy encouraging everyone to take off their wristbands and saying that they can all just rule themselves and do whatever the hell they want, but then Wells pointed out how they needed the rest of society to survive and also he knows what it means for humanity if they don't come down.
- I was glad that Bellamy didn't end up killing Wells after he refused to take off his wristband but instead got some of his followers to forcibly take off Wells band.
- I liked that Jasper went first across the river in order to impress Octavia and that it seemed to work.
- I'm really worried about Jasper since he was stabbed by a spear at the end of the episode but I'm curious about who or what is also living on earth that made that spear.
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
TV Review: The 100: Pilot(1.01)
The 100: Pilot(1.01)Review