Thursday, August 22, 2013

Top 5Thursday: Top 5 Procedurals shows

Top 5 Thursday is a meme that I create to make lists of things involving tv and movies. I would love for anyone that sees this post to make list of their own whether it's in the comment section or on their own blog.
There's a lot of shows out there that are procedurals shows but while most of them are good for a causal viewer few actually become shows in which the audience actually cares about the characters solving the crimes so this list is about the procedurals shows that I feel are worth watching week to week.
1. Psych: This is a show about a guy who pretends to be psych and him along with his best friend solves crimes and it's actually a really funny show. I love this show because it's really very funny and I love all the characters who are so well defined and in all honesty the show is more about the characters then the crimes they solve. This show is lots of fun and there are quite a few episodes were they take a concept and run with it which makes those episodes especially entertaining.
2. White Collar: This is a show about a charming con-artist who works with the FBI as part of an agreement that allows him to stay out of prison. This show is one that I just love a lot because really love the characters and I really enjoy the cases as well that usually end up involving some kind of con and since I love anything involving con-artist I really love this show. Also each season as an over arching plot as well as cases of the week and I find both parts of the show enjoyable.
3. Elementary: This was pretty much my favorite new show of the year and I love it so much because it does such a good job of having character drama and development mixed in with the mystery of the week which are usually really fascinating as well. I really loved seeing how the relationship between Joan and Sherlock developed over the course of the season and how they both developed as characters as well. I liked that even though most crimes were solved by the end of the episode there was also the Moriarty plot and I really loved the twist they made in that plot as well.
4. Grimm: This one it is quite different then the other shows on the list since it combines crime solving and fairytale creatures but I think that the show does this pretty well and I really enjoy seeing the two aspects come together. This show is also quite different because since there's a fantasy element to the series there are some episodes that don't feel like a procedural at all because there also more arc base episodes that deal more with the mythology of the series then any type of crime. I also really like that this series is still fairly character driven as well.
5. Criminal Minds: This is the show that I watch the least on this list but it's not because I don't love it but because this show has been going on for quite a long time now and I haven't been following it since the beginning so I don't watch as much. This show always has really interesting cases and I especially love how the use of profiling works in the series with the team always basically psychoanalyzing the criminal of the week. I also think this show does a good job of letting the audience get to know the main characters without taking away from the case of the week which is a problem with shows like this one usually have.

No comments:

Post a Comment