Thursday, September 19, 2013

Top 5 Thursday: Top 5 Season Premieres

Top 5 Thursday is a meme that I create to make lists of things involving TV and movies. I would love for anyone that sees this post to make list of their own whether it's in the comment section or on their own blog.
Since fall TV shows will start returning soon I thought that now would be the best time to make a list of my favorite season premiere episodes, I feel I should note that I'm not including any pilot episodes because I feel like pilot episodes are quite different with how there needs to be a lot more set up and so they won't be included on this list.
1. Doctor Who: The Eleventh Hour(5.01): I watched Doctor Who in a strange order in that I tried to start with the first series but I got bored with it after three episodes but then I decided I start with series 5 instead which was a really good decision on my part since I absolutely loved The Eleventh Hour. I loved the Eleventh Doctor right away with how odd he was and I loved little Amelia Pond and I loved how she handled the Doctor and is weirdness and the crack in her wall. I was sad for Amy when I found out that the Doctor had been gone for years and she had grown up waiting for the Doctor who no one else believed was real. I loved that Rory noticed that coma patients were walking around town while they were also in the hospital and that the Doctor notice Rory taking pictures of them was because he noticed something often. To be honest even though we weren't suppose to think of Rory as an important character yet I ended up loving the Doctor, Amy and Rory all as individual characters and also as a group. I loved seeing the Doctor get rid of the alien that was trying to destroy the world and then he called it back to tell it earth is under his protection. I really loved this episode and I thought it was a really good introduction for the Doctor, Amy and Rory.
2. Vampire Diaries: The Return(2.01): The first seven episodes of season 2 are pretty much regarded as the best period of the show by most fans and I have to agree with that statement. I loved this episode because it's the one that introduced us to modern day Katherine who is the best villain this show has ever had by far. Katherine was terrifying, charming and seductive and I completely loved her for it. I love how her motives are so unclear and I love that we just know she's up to something but no one has a clue as to what. I loved how seamlessly already Katherine is able to play Elena and I love how this adds an extra layer of threat to everyone who isn't in the know about vampires and doppelgangers. I loved that extremely sexy make out Katherine and Damon has it was so passionate and I love how he started off somewhat violently and I love that Damon poured his heart out to her and that Katherine lied to him and said she never returned his feelings because she's planning something and she can't afford to get distracted by emotions. I loved how the episode ends with Katherine killing Caroline telling her to deliver the message "Game on." because it just made me wonder what she's up to and how many people she's willing to kill to get what she wants.
3. The OC: The Aftermath(3.01): This is the first episode of The OC that I ever watched and this is the episode that made me completely fall in love with the show and it's characters. Even when I re-watch this episode I still love it and I feel like this episode in a lot of ways was a throwback to season 1 with Ryan getting arrested, Jimmy and Julie being together, Julie being villainous with getting Trey to blame the shooting on Ryan, Marissa and Summer dressing up as candy stripers and the fact that there were hardly any guest stars in this episode with it mostly focusing just on the main characters. I love this episode both because I think it's a good episode and because it's the one that introduced me to my favorite show.
4. Degrassi:TNG:When Doves Cry(2.01-2.02): This episode is the one that introduces Craig Manning who was my favorite character of the show and it does so with such an important storyline for him. While I don't think enjoy is the right word to describe how I felt about Craig's storyline about being abused by his father and feeling like he can't take it anymore I thought it was well written and especially well acted by Jake Epstein who I still have on a list of my favorite actors because of how much I enjoy his acting on this show. I also enjoyed the lighthearted subplot with JT trying to get a date with Paige probably mostly because I love both of those characters as well.
5. Revenge: Destiny(2.01): I really loved this episode because it just really got me excited about the rest of the season. I loved that Emily and Nolan had so many scenes together in this episode because I so missed seeing those two on my TV screen and I like them best when they're with each other. I loved that Emily was keeping in touch with Charlotte in order to have a new way into the Graysons lives and I loved how Victoria was revealed to have faked her own death with the help of the white haired man. I loved pretty much every bit of this episode and I don't think I have a particularly good reason as to why just that I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment