Friday, August 10, 2012

Manga Review:Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Vol.1

                                            Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Vol.1Review
Sailor Moon was the first anime I ever watched it was back when I was in elementary school and had no clue about what anime was but I loved Sailor Moon all the same. More recently I have watched the sub version of Sailor Moon and I found that I still enjoyed the series so when the manga started to be rereleased I was very excited to read the series.

Sailor Moon is about a girl named Usagi Tsukino who can be a bit of a crybaby and her "hobbies included sleeping, eating and taking the easy way out." Usagu one day meets a talking cat named Luna who grants her magical powers in order to stop the servants of Queen Beryl from stealing the energy from good people and to find and protect the legendary silver crystal and the Moon Princess. Usagi's powers grant her the power of the moon so when she transforms she becomes Sailor Moon but Usagi is somewhat reluctant to become a hero because she's easily scared by the villains but she does feel like she has to stand up for justice and to save innocent people.

Through out the volume more Sailor scouts are introduce that help Usagi defeat Queen Beryl's servants. The first one is Ami who is one of the smartest girls at Usagi's school but is a bit of loner because other students believe that's she stuck up(she's not at all) but Usagi ends up becoming friends with her before she finds out she's Sailor Mercury. The next one she meets is Rei who's family owns a shrine and she already has some supernatural powers, she turns out to be Sailor Mars and she uses her fire powers to defeat Queen Beryl's first servant. The last one she meets this volume is Makoto a girl that is unusually tall and strong but is actually pretty girly, she turns out to be Sailor Jupiter. I really loved meeting all these girls through out the volume and I liked how they all became friends.

Also throughout this volume Usagi when she's Sailor Moon continually runs into to a guy that goes by the name Tuxedo Mask and throughout the volume Usagi develops more and more of a crush on him and he seems to feel the same way about her. Usagi shares quite a few romantic moments including a kiss with Tuxedo Mask through out this volume. Usagi also runs into a high school boy named Mamoru several times throughout the volume who she often argues with but looks pretty much exactly like Tuxedo Mask. I really loved the relationship between Usagi/Mamoru, Sailor Moon/Tuxedo Mask in this volume.

I think that the art in this volume is super pretty older shugo style which I really love and I wish that more of the newer manga was in this type of style because all the artwork is really pretty and girly. I overall loved the plot and characters that were contained in this volume and I liked that this volume moves so much faster the anime ever did. I overall love this volume and I'm looking forward to the next one. Please tell me your thoughts on the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment