Friday, March 29, 2013

TV Review: Vampire Diaries: American Gothic(4.18)

                                       Vampire Diaries: American Gothic(4.18)Review
  • I really liked how Elena was able to figure out what town Katherine was in by having someone mistake her for Katherine because this seems like a very logical way to explain why Elena would be able to find her so fast while others have had such a hard time in the past.
  • I really enjoyed Stefan basically pointing out all the ways in which Damon has failed with Elena since she became a vampire through out this episode.
  • I kind of like that Damon's sliver lining on a bad situation is that he gets to murder to someone.
  • I really enjoyed seeing Klaus withering in pain through out the episode because he really does deserve to punish in someway.
  • I liked how Silas used Caroline's form in this episode in order to emotionally torture Klaus and I like that Silas seems to be able to take anyones form.
  • I kind of enjoyed seeing Elena and Rebekah work together in order to find out what Katherine has been up to and where to find the cure even though they weren't exactly effective with getting the information since Katherine is good at turning any situation to her advantage.
  • I find the whole Katherine and Elijah were together to be kind of out of the blue since the last time these two shared a scene was when he compelled her to stay in the tome and she was visibly scared of him.
  • I actually really enjoyed the scenes in which Elena points out that Katherine is obviously playing Elijah and how all the boys stupid for falling so head over heals for the doppelgangers who really couldn't care less about them.
  • I like that Katherine more or less confirms that she's only using Elijah in order to have him make a deal with Klaus in order to gain her freedom.
  • I liked how no one really trust a word that Katherine says because honestly it's the smart thing to do when in a conversation with Katherine Pierce.
  • I felt really bad for Rebekah after she thought that she took the cure only to discover that it wasn't actually the cure and she was still a vampire.
  • I like how Caroline really didn't want to help Klaus with his problem because he deserves to suffer after all the horrible things he had done. I also really enjoyed Caroline refusing to help until he granted Tyler his freedom.
  • I liked how once Elijah found out that Elena's humanity was turned off that he tried to convince her to one day turn it back on again because he thinks it's a shame for her compassion to go to waste.
  • I liked how Elijah confronted Katherine about how he can't truly ever trust her because if he's honest with himself he doesn't even know her and I liked how he questioned how Katherine can't feel any empathy for Elena despite them sharing similar cursed existences.
  • I liked how Caroline just basically called out Klaus on how awful of a person that he is and that it seemed to somewhat get through to him and that he may have said that he'll allow Tyler to come back.
  • I liked the conversation that Rebekah and Elijah had about family and about she wants to take the cure. I also like that Elijah now as the cure and is coming back to Mystic Falls with it.
  • I like how Stefan wants to stop making the same mistakes when it comes to his and Damon's relationship and how he thinks that the only way in which he can do that is start over some where new.
  • I liked how Elena just flat out tells Stefan and Damon that she doesn't want the cure and wants them to stop talking to her about it. While I do think that she should turn her humanity back on again I don't think that the cure should be forced on her but I think her killing people because she's upset at Stefan and Damon is something that will eventually hurt her more than it does them.
  • I actually really liked this episode it was the best one in awhile.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment