Sunday, March 10, 2013

TV Review: Revenge: Retribution(2.15)

                                                   Revenge: Retribution(2.15)Review
  • I loved the first scene of the episode which had Emily just coming back from watching Amanda die and already planning her vengeance against the Graysons and being clearly upset by what has happened and not thinking anywhere near as clear headly as she usually does and Nolan is following her and trying to convince her not to do anything rash and telling her that he's with her to the end. I just really love this scene because it just shows the relationship between these two so clearly and I really love seeing the difference in what is concerning them at the moment with Emily being interested in exacting revenge against the Graysons and Nolan worrying about Emily's mental state.
  • I loved that moment were Emily stops once she gets into her room and looks at Amanda's necklace and remembers her last moments and Emily allows herself one private moment to mourn Amanda.
  • I loved the scene between Nolan and Adian where they discuss what has just happened with in the last day and I loved how this scene showed how differently they care for Emily with Nolan being worried she might do something that could get her hurt or that she'd regret and therefore thinking she needs to take some actually time to let herself mourn Amanda's death and Adian knows that she feels the need to cling to her vengeance now more than ever because he's the same as her in this way.
  • I liked how when Daniel hears the news that Jack has been shot and Amanda was missing that he knew his parents had something to do with it and how he says he doesn't want to get anymore blood on his hands and he wants out of the business with the initiative but of course Victoria informs him that's something he just can't do.
  • I like how Ashley pretty much straight up accused Conrad of killing Amanda and that she says that what happened to Amanda was a tragedy.
  • I felt really bad for Charlotte with how she had to identify the body and that she chose to do this by herself. I also think it's quite cruel of Victoria to try to get close Charlotte again through Amanda's death.
  • I felt really bad for Jack once he realized that Amanda was dead and I was kind of glad he was so sad because that means he truly loves her even though he found out a lot of new information about her in the last episode.
  • I liked how Jack played Conrad by pretending that he doesn't know that Graysons are in a way behind Amanda's death and I really liked how he wants to finish what Amanda started even though I know this could cause problems for Emily in the future.
  • I like how Daniel seems to be breaking a bit under the pressure of pretending he knows nothing of the initiative but knowing exactly where their camera is and I like how he doesn't know who to trust and that he feels guilty that Grayson Global is built on blood money.
  • I like how Charlotte wishes that more people would come to Amanda's funeral and that she had a fuller life, I just really like the way that Charlotte was so open with her mourning.
  • I like how Jack had discovered that Amanda and Emily have known each other for a long time but I felt bad for Emily when Jack was telling her that she shouldn't have allowed Amanda to go after the Graysons because that got her killed, I felt bad for Emily here because it probably is just making her feel more guilty for what happened to Amanda.
  • I was really surprised that Nolan actually gave Padma the carion program in order to save her father but I did like that he seemed really conflicted about it and that he warned her that the initiative doesn't usually keep her promises.
  • I liked how Nolan told Emily that right now she can't tell Jack the truth about her and Amanda because he needs his memories of Amanda while he's mourning her.
  • I liked how in this episode there was the theme of Emily not going to allow anything else to distract her from destroying the Graysons.
  • I'm worried about what could happen if Emily's foster brother recognizes her.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment