Saturday, November 29, 2014

TV Review: The 100: The 48(2.01)

                                                       The 100: The 48(2.01)Review
  • I thought that the white room that Clarke was being held in during quarantine was really freaky and I completely understand why she freaked out when she saw that Monty's room was empty and there was someone in a hazmat suit clean the room there instead.
  • I liked how resourceful Clarke was when she broke out the room and used a piece of the broken glass in order to hold Maya hostage and figure out where she was and what was going on. Although I did feel bad for Maya when she was being held hostage.
  • I find the whole Mount Weather place to be very strange and I agree with Clarke that the place isn't inspiring a lot of trust.
  • I was glad that the show wasted no time in telling us that Bellamy and Finn are in fact still alive and ran out of the camp before the rockets went off. I also liked that there was two other members of the 100 that went and check parts of the ark that fell so they were spared from the blast.
  • Finn and some other guy was captured by the grounders but the other guy was killed fairly quickly because he was unable to stand on his feet.
  • I liked that Octavia had to learn the language of the grounders because only the grounder's warriors know how to speak English so to be accepted in Lincoln's clan she would have to learn the language.
  • I'm pretty worried for Lincoln now that we've learned that the punishment for Lincoln for going against his people is to be stabbed by every person in his clan and being left for dead.
  • I liked how Raven even know she can hardly moved had found her way to a gun and had put herself in a position in which she could shoot at anyone that could come in and attack her and I'm glad that she was able to kill that grounder that tried to kill her.
  • I liked that when Murphy wondered back to the drop ship that Raven did shoot at him for shooting her but her gun didn't have any bullets left so he was fine and I liked that Murphy admitted that he would have shot him too if he was her.
  • I liked that President Wallace always asked for Clarke to not be bond when they spoke, I know that this must be a calculated move in order to gain her trust but I'm glad that he is giving her more to work with even so.
  • I like that Clarke's first concern when talking to Wallace was finding out whether or not her people were safe and when she heard that only 48 of them were brought here she then wanted to be able to go out and look for the others.
  • I liked that when Clarke was given new clothes to put on that she broke apart a heal so that she would have a weapon although Wallace figured it out pretty fast and took it away from her before she used it.
  • I find it interesting that the people of Mount Weather are ancestries of the people were inside this area all those years ago and therefore they haven't adapted to the radiation in a way that they can survive outside like the grounders and those from the Ark can.
  • I liked that when Monty and Jasper saw Clarke that they ran up to her and hugged her and I just generally liked how happy all the members of the 100 were to see her.
  • I found Murphy's story about how his dead got floated for trying to get him medicine when he was sick when he was little and his mom drinking herself to death and blaming him for his father's death to be pretty messed up.
  • I liked how when Raven asked whey Murphy was being nice to her that he answered that he didn't want to die alone.
  • I liked that Bellamy and the two members of the 100 that were with him came up with a plan to rescue Finn from the grounder unfortunately the plan didn't work and only got Bellamy captured as well.
  • I liked how Jasper and Monty were so happy to just enjoy the food of Mount Weather and I just generally love how happy those to seemed to be. I also liked that when Clarke told them to act like they're happy to see her that Monty said they are happy to see her.
  • I like how Clarke isn't trusting anything about Mount Weather and is looking for a way out but I also understand Jasper's point of view of just being thankful that no one's trying to kill them here.
  • I liked the little exchange between Jasper and Maya about the differences between life in space and life at Mount Weather, I also just enjoyed what seemed to be flirting between the two of them.
  • I liked how Clarke tried to escape in order to find the rest of the 100 and because she doesn't trust the people of Mount Weather at all and feels that they are being kept prison there which seems to true to me.
  • I liked how Jasper was able to talk Clarke out of opening the door by telling her that when she shut the drop ship door she saved everyone inside lives but if she opens the door she'll be ending lives because even a little exposure to radiation could kill these people. I also like how Clarke is so focused on the members of the 100 who she doesn't know whether or not they are alive and how she still can't doesn't trust the people of Mount Weather.
  • I was glad that Kane came and killed the grounder before he could kill anyone else but I didn't like how Kane just took control over everything despite only having been on earth for a day or so.
  • I think that Raven is far too selfless with how her first words to Abby is about how Clarke isn't here even though she's practically dying though I'm glad that Abby's here so that she could save Raven.
  • I really disliked how Kane had Bellamy arrested for beating up Murphy but I did like that Finn defended Bellamy by telling Kane about all the terrible things that Murphy had done although Kane remained stubborn and refused to see reason when it came to this which I also disliked.
  • I'm worried about Lincoln since he brought Octavia to his clan in order to find her the antidote in order to cure her from the poison even though they may kill him for being a traitor but I'm also worried about Octavia since she could die from the poison.
  • I find it interesting that a couple decades ago the people of Mount Weather went outside to test if they could survive it but most of them were dead within a week.
  • I liked that Bellamy wanted to stay at the original camp site because that's the place their people would return to if they were to come back and I like that Bellamy and even seem to be not giving up on their people.
  • I'm glad that Abby left a note for Clarke outside of the campsite in order for her to find her later on and let her know that she's alive and on earth.
  • I think it's suspicious that Wallace told Clarke that they could find no survivors even though there are clearly plenty of them out there at least from the Ark not that many from the 100.
  • I'm glad that Clarke is pretending that she is accepting of her life at mount Weather but is still secretly figuring out away to escape it and definitely doesn't trust them.
  • I was very sad to see Jaha shutting off the power of the Ark and I'm very confused about the baby that he heard crying on it.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment