- I liked how this episode showed what happened directly after the murder, it showed Wes comforting Rebecca, Michaela completely freaking out and sobbing in the corner and Laurel doing her best to assure her that everything was going to be okay and Connor was also freaking out but in a more we have to get out of here way than an unable to move way.
- I liked how Michaela explained to her fiancé how completely she had planned out how the rest of there lives are going to be and how it was made clear this episode that she had to have everything be perfect and planned in advance.
- I liked how Wes tried to find away to talk to Rebecca because he wants to find a way to help her out.
- I liked how when Keating was told that she should take the Lila Standgard case and defend Griffin that she didn't say that she would right away because she need to know if her husband was involved or not in the case.
- I was surprised to learn that Michaela's fiancé and Connor knew each other because they went to boarding school together and I found it both amusing and mean that Connor kept implying that the two of them hooked up to Michaela who had no clue what he was talking about for most of the episode.
- I liked how the case of the week at first started off as a minor thing that wasn't even going to go to court because that shows that not all the cases that Keating works are high profile cases.
- I liked that the case ended up being something much bigger with the women having been involved in an extremist group and had planted a bomb years earlier.
- I liked how the defense of brainwashing was laid out in this episode.
- I liked that when Connor said that there was no way that they could win this case that Keating told him that he had to turn in the statue because he doubted her abilities.
- I liked how Asher used his connections in order to find the witness they needed even if those connections where his parents they still helped with the case.
- Now that they pointed out that Frank isn't a lawyer that makes me curious about what his job really is.
- I'm disappointed that Laurel seems to be into Frank and that there most likely going to end up having a relationship with each other.
- I was surprised to learn that the phone that Rebecca hid in Wes's bathroom was actually Lila's phone and also it sounded from the call he answered that Lila was the one that was a drug dealer not Rebecca like Griffin claimed.
- I liked how on the night of the murder that Connor got on board with the plan once they discussed burning the body and he pointed out that the smoke from the bonfire would mask the scent of smoke.
- I liked that on the night of the murder that Laurel came up with the idea of using the bonfire as there alibi and I liked that it was shown that Laurel and Wes were able to take a bunch of pictures were they really looked like they were having fun but with Connor he looked very unhinged but at least still trying to fake casualness and Michaela just can't deal with any of this.
- The scenes with the client and the cult leader made me wonder who really had the power in the relationship and since they were clearly in love I started to wonder if this relationship had a power imbalance at all.
- I liked how Nate went around to check if Sam's alibi checked out for Keating's benefit but it really didn't which just makes me think that Sam is the one that killed Lila.
- I liked how after hearing what Griffin had to say about the night Lila died that Wes was still so sure that Rebecca was innocent and that he still wanted to find a way to help her.
- I was worried about the trouble that Wes would get in for impersonating a lawyer in order to get a meeting with Rebecca but I liked that he risked that trouble to help her.
- I liked that when Connor told Michaela about how he slept with her fiancé when they were in high school that he said it was no big deal and that Michaela was more upset with her fiancé for lying to her about something like that rather than the fact that he slept with a guy but it was that he hid it from her that really bothered her more than anything else.
- I liked how Wes explained why he tried to help Rebecca the way that he did because he could see that Griffin was going to be fine because he had money and plenty of people backing him but Rebecca has no one and is just going to be used as a pawn and that he thought that being a defense lawyer meant making sure that everyone would get a fair trial.
- I liked how after the case was screwed up with the witness being promised early release if he lied in court that Keating was able to get three hours to come up with a new defense and I liked that it looked like Michaela may have found one if only the client hadn't of run off.
- I think that it's really horrible that on the night of murder Michaela lost her engagement ring that can't lead to anything good.
- I liked that Keating decided that she will be defending Rebecca in the Lila Standgard case because of what Wes said to her and I liked that Wes won the statue for that as well.
Saturday, October 25, 2014
TV Review: How to Get Away With Murder: Smile, or Go To Jail(1.03)
How to Get Away With Murder: Smile, or Go To Jail(1.03)Review