Thursday, January 31, 2013

TV Review: Vampire Diaries: A View to a Kill(4.12)

                                  Vampire Diaries: A View to a Kill(4.12)Review
  • I kind of liked how Klaus caught Stefan trying to sneak out of Rebekah's room in the morning and I liked that it seemed like Klaus liked the possibility of a relationship between Stefan and Rebekah.
  • I liked how Klaus was willing to help Stefan out by babysitting Damon all day and I liked that Klaus once again seemed to have made clear that he prefers Stefan to Damon.
  • I like how Bonnie's dad is actually doing something to help keep the citizens of Mystic Falls safe such as cancelling all social functions which seem to result in at least one death. I'm glad that he also mentioned how many people die in just the last year because Mystic Falls has a truly ridicules amount of deaths.
  • I liked that in the scene were Kol threatens Bonnie she was more than able to defend herself against him.
  • I really hated Elena's plan to kill Kol because it's just cruel and shortsighted. I hated how Elena didn't think twice about killing thousands a vampires who a lot of them were probably good people and I think that it was a really bad idea because Kol could have easily killed Jeremy and it doesn't seem like she considered that idea at all.
  • I liked that when Elena told Stefan her plan to kill Kol that he pointed out that Kol's siblings would be out to kill anyone involved in his death. I hated that Elena is arrogant enough to think not only can her brother who's been a vampire hunter for under a year can kill an original vampire but that they can also put down both Klaus and Rebekah.
  • I also really hated that Elena said that Rebekah deserved to be daggered again but I liked that the expression on Stefan's face made it look like he didn't share her opinion. I also don't understand why Elena thinks she's better than Rebekah considering how many times she has screwed Rebekah over in the past.
  • I liked that after telling Rebekah that the 80s Dance was cancelled that Stefan told Rebekah they could go to the dance anyway.
  • I love that Kol can be so charming even when he's threatening to kill the person he's talking to and I like how he uses the word proper.
  • I believe that Kol would have agreed to a truce if he thought for one second that Elena actually intended to keep her end of the bargain.
  • I loved how Kol mentioned that he has a great respect for witches and said that he spent hundreds of years with them and that explained why he knew so much about Silas.
  • I really hated how Elena was able to talk to Kol and even get to know him a bit without feeling any remorse for planning his death especially since there were many other ways to keep herself and Jeremy safe from Kol.
  • I really loved the scenes with Rebekah and Stefan were Stefan told her what the 80s were like and how he thought she'd have liked the 80s. I also just loved seeing Rebekah have fun at the her and Stefan's private dance.
  • I loved the moment were Rebekah as she's showing Stefan the dagger she says she'll protect him if Kol comes after them.
  • I liked how Klaus tells Damon that he doesn't understand why Elena forgave him for everything even before the sire bond because it honestly makes no sense that Elena has forgiven him and I liked that Damon didn't come up with a real answer.
  • I also liked how Klaus pointed out to Damon that most likely the only reason Elena is with Damon at the moment is because of the sire bond and that once she's cured she'll just choose Stefan. Although I don't think I want Stefan to be stuck with Elena after her behavior in this episode.
  • I liked how Bonnie's parents both teamed up to try to help her with her dark magic but I can understand why Bonnie didn't want their help since she feels in control right now and because they really often been there for her in the past.
  • I loved that Klaus was super pissed when he heard that Elena and Jeremy were trying to kill Kol and that he left straight away to go after them.
  • I loved the scene were Rebekah tells Stefan that she can't not care and she hands over her dagger fully expecting him to use it on her but than Stefan seeing her do this and spending the whole night with her has proven to him that Rebekah doesn't deserve to be daggered at all especially not by him.
  • I don't think it's logical that Elena and Jeremy would be able to kill Kol and I think that Kol would have killed Elena when he had her against the wall so I'm really pissed off about the writing for that part of the episode.
  • I hated that Elena's plan to kill Kol worked because Kol was a great character who had a lot of things to be explored and story lines he could have had and he was the most charming guy to ever grace the show and because this was clearly lazy writting to complete the hunters mark.
  •  I also hate Elena now because she still thinks of herself as a good person even after she had Kol and his entire bloodline murder and she gets upset whenever things don't go her way and doesn't ever expect to suffer consquences for what she just did. I've tried to give Elena the benfit of the doubt through out the show but I can't anymore and I hope she has a miserable life because she doesn't seem to care about anyone else's.
  • I loved that Klaus was furious about Kol's death and that he will hunt Elena and Jeremy to the ends of the earth to get his revenge on them and that Elena being the doppelganger isn't going to keep her safe from his vengeance.
  • I find Bonnie's magic to be both impressive and terrifying and I'm really looking forward to seeing her storyline in future episodes.
  • I liked that Rebekah cried about Kol's death and agree with her that it was pretty bad that Stefan could have done something to prevent it but didn't, I honestly believe that if Rebekah knew about the plot she would have stopped it. I liked that Stefan did at least seem remorseful and I like that those two still seemed to be together.
  •  When Stefan revealed that he didn't dagger Rebekah and Elena asked why I wished Stefan would have told her it was because she didn't deserve to be daggered.
  • I disliked that Damon punched Stefan and I feel like that moment was meant to make it seem like Damon won a victory but he just came off as an ass to me.
  • I'm glad that Jeremy's hunter's mark is complete but I don't think it was worth Kol's life to advance that plot this fast.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment