1. Castles: I really love the idea of setting a story in a castle not only because castle are beautiful but also because there are a lot of stories that can be told in them. I would prefer the stories to be set back in time royalty ruled over all the lands and when being King or Queen was a huge deal and I would love stories have people either trying to raise as far as they can in the ranks or escape life at court entirely. I would just love to have more stories that are set in castles were it's not just about falling in love with a member of the royal family but instead is about the power the royal family holds.
2. Multiple Dimensions: I read this manga called Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle were the characters traveled to different dimensions every few chapters and since then I've been looking for more stories that spanned multiple dimensions. I love the idea of multiple dimensions because it gives a new and exciting setting and culture to explore every few chapters of the story.
3. Underground Illegal Organizations: I really like the idea of these types of settings for a story because the series I've watched that were set in these types of places were very interesting one. I also think it lends to interesting characters because they are part of a group that isn't seen often because either they're not suppose to be known in real life or they don't exist depending on the genre the story is set in.
4. Space: Space is a place that is a pretty big mystery to humans and I think it would interesting if more stories would be set in spaces because there are very few rules about what the setting has to be like because it can be in space ships or it could be other planets were the story is set.
5. Asylums:I'm extremely fascinated by mental illness so setting a story in a location were everyone hopefully including the main character is suffering from a mental illness is a very interesting idea for me. I also just find characters who are mentally ill or emotionally damaged to just be more interesting in general.
6. Small rooms: I really love the idea of putting a bunch of characters in a room and making them have to deal with each other without too many distractions which is why I like the idea of a small empty room because it would just have to be about the characters and the relationships between the characters.
7. Libraries: I just really love libraries and I would love to have more stories set in them because there are very few stories that I know of that are set in them.
8. Places with Snow: I live in the Midwest so I've seen snow every winter of my life which is why I find it odd that most books that are set in the Midwest for some reason that I can't understand, in the middle of winter in the book there's no snow on the ground and the characters can walk around outside and be perfectly comfortable without wearing a jacket. I want snow to be in books because it's realistic for it to be in books as well as other forms of media.
9. Schools: This one may seem strange since quite a lot of stories are set in school but what I'm thinking of are stories that are actually about school not just set there. I would love to read a story that is about the main character trying to pass their classes or even just complaining about how they have to learn trig or a story about being too nervous to give a speech in front of the class because these are the experiences that seem more realistic to high school life than the romances that often occur in YA books.
10. Futuristic Kingdoms: I really love the idea of royalty in stories but I also love the idea of sci-fi in stories so I would love to have a story were the two are combined in some way.