Sunday, November 25, 2012

TV Review: Revenge: Lineage(2.08)

                                                   Revenge: Lineage(2.08)Review
  • This is the series second full episode flashback episode and I have to say that despite almost the fact that almost the entire episode took place in  2006 I still found the episode very interesting.
  • I really hated Victoria's mother she was certainly an overall awful person and an even worse mother with the things she made Victoria do and I think that this led me to sympathise Victoria in this episode more than I ever thought possible.
  • I think that learning about Victoria's past with her Mother made me understand her alot better than I did before this episode and I'm glad to have that understanding because it makes me like her character alot more.
  • I felt bad for Daniel when he had Conrad read his poetry because I knew no matter how good it was Conrad was never going to truly support his decision to do anything that wasn't take over the family business.
  • I really loved how the whole thing with Victoria's mother and her boyfriend was set up by Victoria and Conrad in order for Victoria to get a bit of revenge at her mother because I believe her mother deserved ever second of it and I think it may helped to give Victoria some form of closure.
  • I found it very interesting that Takeda had Emily work a different sort of mission with people involved in human trafficking and I found it interesting that this and what happened to Emily's father is somehow connected.
  • I find it interesting that Emily first met Ashley when she was trying out for a human trafficking thing and that Emily even managed to use this meeting to help her with her mission of this episode and of course her long term revenge scheme. I'm also pretty interested in learning more about Emily and Ashley's early relationship.
  • I loved how Emily was able to keep her cool as well as play the role of desperate young girl even when their were unexpected turns in the events.
  • I think that Aiden is far to rash to ever be successful in long term revenge schemes like the ones that Emily has and is caring out. Which is one of the reasons I dislike Aiden acting like he knows better then Emily and like he's the one protecting her while this episode shows that this just isn't the case.
  • I really loved that Emily was the one that saved Aiden instead of the other way around because it's just another example of why Emily is just better at this kind of things than Aiden could ever dream of being.
  • I liked how Emily tried to talk Aiden out of killing the guy that stole and sold his sister, I especially liked this scene because she uses logic to talk him out of it rather than empathy which really works for his character but I also kind of like that Aiden killed the guy because it shows that he's not emotionally detached enough from the situation to make decisions that way.
  • I actually thought that Nolan and Marco were cute together before Marco found out about 500 million dollars being missing and Nolan wasn't able to explain because he couldn't betray Emily despite the fact that those two barely knew each other at that point.
  • I felt so bad for Nolan when after told Marco the truth about David Clarke Marco called Nolan crazy or bad person for believing in David's innocence. This scene also made me get Nolan's connection with David Clarke a bit better with the whole believing in each other when no one else would.
  • I actually found the storyline with Jack's dad helping his friend cover up a murder to be somewhat interesting and it finally made the story with Kenny trying to buy the bar make sense because it seems like it's a revenge thing for this Kenny guy.
  • I liked that in the scene in present day Conrad admits that it would have been better if Daniel actually did become a poet and I like that him and Victoria are going to try to make sure Daniel is head of the Grayson board in order to protect him.
  • I really don't like Emily showing Aiden her infinity box because I think that puts her in vulnerable position with Aiden and I still don't trust him not to betray her.
Please tell me your thoughts about this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment