Friday, October 12, 2012

TV Review: Vampire Diaries: Growing Pains(4.01)

                                       Vampire Diaries: Growing Pains(4.01)Review
  • I didn't like the opening narration it seemed a bit cheesy in a bad way.
  • I liked that Elena admitted that she was ready to die in the night before because to me Elena always seemed a little suicidal so it's nice that the show acknowledged this tendency for once.
  • I didn't like that almost everyone seemed to ignore the fact that when Elena died evil Alaric also died so it actually was a good thing for all the vampires on the show especially since she's not premently dead.
  • I liked how Jeremy mentioned how he remembered Vicki when she was going through transition and how he was worried that Elena was pretending everything was fine when it wasn't which she was doing.
  • I found it kind of creepy the way that Elena remembered the things she was compelled to forget because it makes me think of the things people like Caroline and Stefan would have had to remember while they were in transition.
  • I find the idea that the council has been basically overthrown by a new version of the council to be very interesting and I found the Pastor to be pretty creepy.
  • I liked how Elena's emotion were all over the place during this episode and that we saw the effects that her heightened senses had on her. I also think Nina Dobrev's acting was especially good this episode.
  • I liked the whole plot with Bonnie trying to use the dark side of magic and how it's mentioned shown that there are consequences but I'm kind of not sure if the consequence was that somethings happened to Grams soul or if Bonnie just had to think that she caused Grams soul to be destroyed.
  • I loved how Jeremy kept trying to make sure that Bonnie didn't go too far and I like that he seemed to just be happy that Bonnie was alive when she came back from the other side and told him she couldn't save Elena from being a vampire. I kind of want Bonnie and Jeremy to get back together because he's one of the only people who genuinely cares about her well being.
  • I felt bad for Rebekah when Klaus when he was in Tyler's body saved Caroline rather than her because she has always been loyal to him and she didn't even know he was alive before that moment.
  • I'm glad that Klaus rescued Caroline but I didn't like that he allowed and encouraged Caroline to kiss him while she thought he was Tyler.
  • I thought that Michael Trevino did a pretty good job at playing Klaus this episode and Klaus pretending to be Tyler.
  • I'm glad that Klaus got back into his own body by the end of the episode.
  • I like how when Rebekah found out about what was going on with Elena that she was happy that she'd get watch Elena die a slow painful death.
  • I loved how Elena told Stefan that she chose him and she doesn't regret it and I love that she told Damon that even with the things she remembered during transition she'd still choose Stefan. I just love that she's still sure of her decision and I love Stefan and Elena as a couple.
  • I like that Elena actually had to work to get the blood and that she chose to complete transition because that means she'll be a bit less angsty about the whole thing.
  • I liked how Damon used Matt as bait and how he taunted the Pastor a bit and killed those guys that came out to attack him because that's exactly something Damon would do and so far this season he's the Damon I know and love which he sadly wasn't for a lot of season 3.
  • I felt bad for Matt because he feels so guilty about being alive when Elena died even though she's not actually dead I guess he knew she didn't want to be a vampire.
  • I felt really bad for Rebekah when Klaus told her that she was nothing to him and I hated Klaus for that because she's the only one who's always loved him and she deserves much better than that.
  • I loved the scene towards the end of the episode with Stefan and Elena in which Elena seems to have a pretty positive outlook on things all things considered.
  • I'm really interested in this council storyline and I'm confused about why the Pastor lite his house on fire while a bunch of council members were meeting there.
Please tell me your thoughts on the episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment