Friday, October 19, 2012

30 Days of Female Characters: Day 6: Favorite Female Driven Show

 Day 6: Favorite Female Driven Show: Buffy the Vampire Slayer






Buffy the Vampire Slayer is great show overall and it does an especially good job at creating and developing female characters. Buffy the main character is the slayer who protects the world from monsters and demons many times and has to sacrifice much in the process. While Buffy is not one of my favorite characters I do admire her strength and willingness to sacrifice for the greater good and I also sympathize with her quite a bit. Then there's Willow who starts of as a bookish girl who was good at computers but seemed a little timid at first who eventually becomes one of the most powerful witches and also goes through a lot of personal struggles as well. This show also introduced me to Cordelia who I loved from pretty early on but she gets most of her development on Angel as does Darla the vampire who turned Angel. There's also scary and crazy Drusilla who love a lot but a lot of her backstory is shown on Angel as well. Then there's Faith the self destructive Slayer who I love so much and she goes through a great character arc and has this complicated relationship with Buffy that I love. There's Anya the former demon who tries to adopt to being human and is pretty much my favorite part of the show post season three. There's quite a few more great female characters on the show as well which is saying quite a lot considering how many characters I already mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment