Friday, December 30, 2011

Book Review: The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid

                                        The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid: Review
This book is by Rick Riordan who also wrote the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series which also love. The story is about a brother and sister named Carter and Sadie Kane after their father vanishes they learn that he released a group of gods from ancient Egypt and that they come from a long line of magicians. The book is about their journey to save both their father and the world from a god of chaos named Set. The Kane siblings also have to run from the other magicians because they have the gods inside of them.

I liked both of the main characters and I liked that the book was told from both of their point of view. I ended up liking Carter more as a character but I enjoyed Sadie's narration more probably due to the fact she's a bit snakier. I liked Carter because he was smart and seemed kind of shy and I liked how he became braver and more sure of himself as the book went on. I loved Sadie because she seemed so sure of herself especially from the outside but as the book goes on we learn she has a lot more venerable than she originally appeared and I liked that we got to peal back her layers. I also really liked the character Bast the cat goddess who's a major badass and a joy to read about there's also more to her then meets the eyes. I also like the character Zia and her relationship with carter.

I overall loved the book and I liked all of the mythology we were able to get in just one book. I also like that there were a few references to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I really want to read the second book to see what happens next. Please tell me your thoughts about the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment