Thursday, December 1, 2011

Book Review: Heist Society:Uncommon Criminals

                                              Heist Society:Uncommon Criminals Review
Uncommon Criminals is the second book in the Heist Society series which is by Ally Carter who also wrote the Gallagher series. At the beginning of this book Kat had become a thief that only steals pieces that were already stolen then she returns them to their rightful owner. Kat is tasked with stealing the Cleopatra emerald but soon after she steals the emerald she learns that she was conned and now she has to find a way to steal it back.

I continue to love this series and I especially love the characters, Kat remains a great main character who's clever and ratable but I'm sad to say that I didn't feel she had as many moments to shine in this one as she did in the last one. Hale continues to be my favorite character although I'm having a little trouble pin pointing why that is, I loved Gabrielle as well I loved that she was around for pretty much the whole book. I also love Simon and I'm glad that we got to see more of him in this book and I love the Bagshaws as well for awhile I feared these two wouldn't make an appearance but to my relief they did. I like Nick as well but I was a little surprised to see him in this one and for some reason I don't expect to see him in the next one. I love how this whole group works together.

I thought that Maggie made a good villain and I liked that she had a past with Uncle Eddie because it allowed us to learn about his past in an organic way. I also liked that there was focus on Kat getting cocky at the beginning only to have her to find out that she was conned because it showed that no matter how good she is she still not perfect. I also liked that Kat and Hale's relationship progressed without them getting together and I like how everyone thinks of them as a couple already. Overall I loved this book and I can't wait for the next book but I have to because it's not out yet. Please tell me your thoughts on this book in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment