Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Top 10 Female TV Characters


                                            Top 10 Female TV Characters
Honorable mentions: Merlin(Morgana) The O.C. ( Summer, Kaitlin and Julie) Psych (Juliet) Burn Notice (Fiona) Firefly ( Kaylee) Pushing Daises (Olive) Pretty Little Liars (Hannah and Emily) Degrassi:TNG (Clare and Fiona)

     10. Holly J. Sinclair (Degrassi:TNG)


"It's Holly freaking J."
"Like I need a reason to be mean to you."

Blue: "There's no I in team." Holly J: There is in bite me.

"You like low maintenance. Date a honda!"

At first I didn’t like Holly J. at all in fact I hated her because at that time she was just some bitchy popular girl and I didn’t like any of the new characters. But she ended up growing on me as she developed and grew nicer although she still can be a bitch I know that she cares deeply about her friends, is an extremely hard worker, very intelligent( she got into Yale), she knows what she wants and goes after and she’s played by one of the best actress on the show.

9. Cassie Ainsworth (Skins UK)

“Oh, it's cool. I wear a white dress and now I can eat yoghurt, cup a soup and hazelnuts now. If I'm not sick, they let me play with the cats. Yeah, it's like... hazy days, you know?"

“Do you know what hurts most about a broken heart? Not being able to remember how you felt before... try and keep that feeling, because... if it goes... you'll never get it back.”

“Yeah, erm, wow, lovely... No. But, I like that you're funny looking, it's cute. Like wow, man.”

 
“Oh wow, I was really... I didn't eat for three days so I could be lovely.”
“You like me. You like me. Look up, if you like me. Look up, if you like me. Look up, if you like me.”

I loved Cassie since the first scene she was in, I liked that she was crazy and talked in an odd way and I always felt for her. I loved her being so fragile and how she seemed to find beauty in everything. Honestly I liked Cassie a lot more in series 1 then I did in series 2 because she went from sweet insecure girl to a crazy manipulative girl which is why she isn’t higher on the list.

 8.Faith Lehane(Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel)

 

 

"Don't you need anyone dead? Or maimed? I can settle for maimed"

"Gee, if doing violence to vampires upsets you, I think you're in the wrong line of work."

"We're Slayers, girlfriend. The Chosen two. Why should we let him take all the fun out of it?"

"When are you going to get this, B? Life for a Slayer is very simple -- want... take... have"

“ Five by five.”

"What isn't? You know, I come to Sunnydale. I'm the Slayer. I do my job kicking ass better than anyone. What do I hear about everywhere I go? Buffy. So I slay, I behave, I do the good little girl routine. And who's everybody thank? Buffy."

Faith is my favorite slayer for sure, she just so interesting because she puts up this front like she doesn’t care about anything and nothing can hurt but from her first episode you could tell she wasn’t exactly stable which is what made her so interesting. I loved her arc how she went over to the dark side so to speak but she does eventually comes back but it’s a long painful journey for her and a lot of other people. I like that she’s a bad girl and has this sexy vibe and of course she’s a total badass and likes violence a little too much.

7. Charlotte “Chuck” Charles (Pushing Daises)




 

 

A hug is like an emotional Heimlich: they put their arms around you and give you a squeeze and all your fear and anxiety goes shooting out of your mouth like a big wet wad and you can breathe again."
"Which birthday do I celebrate? I’ve got two of them now: First day I was alive and first day I was alive again." 

I love Chuck for being extremely cheerful and always looking on the bright side which is a little odd seeing as she was murder but luckily she was brought back to life. I also love that she has read a ton of books, that she still tries to take care of her aunts even though she can’t see them anymore and of course the way she dress her wardrobe is as bright and cheerful as she is.


6. Cordelia Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel)

 

 


"I'm not saying that we should kill a teacher every day just so I can lose weight, I'm just saying when tragedy strikes, we have to look on the bright side"

“Tact is just not saying true stuff. I’ll pass.”

"You're a sheep. All you ever do is what everyone else does, just so you can say you did it first. And here I am, scrambling for your approval, when I'm way cooler than you are, 'cause I'm not a sheep. I do what I want to do, and I wear what I want to wear, and you know what? I date whoever the hell I want to date. No matter how lame he is."

"Oh, God. Is the world ending? I have to research a paper on Bosnia for tomorrow, but if the world's ending, I'm not gonna bother"

"I came over here to tell Buffy to stop this craziness, and found you all unconscious--again. How many times have you been knocked out, anyway? I swear, one of these times, you're going to wake up in a coma"


“Oh, God! What am I gonna do? I'm good for exactly two things: international superstardom, or helping a vampire with a soul to rid the world of evil. That makes for a short but colorful résumé.”

“I think it, I say it. It's my way.”

Cordelia:I finally get invited to a nice place with no mirrors and lots of curtains... hey, you're a vampire!

 Russell: [caught off-guard] What? No, I'm not.
 Cordelia: Are too!
Russell: I don't know what you're talking about.
Cordelia: I'm from Sunnydale. We had our own Hellmouth. I think I know a vampire when... I'm... alone with him... in his... fortress-like home.

I’ve always found Cordelia to be one of my favorite characters even back when she was just used as the bitchy shallow popular girl it probably was because she had the best lines. Although Cordelia could be shallow, bitchy and self-centered at times you could always tell she had a good heart and she would always tell the truth whether you wanted her to or not. She eventually developed into someone who was extremely caring and loyal to her friends.

5. Taylor Townsend (The O.C.)





Taylor: [explaining her new crush on Ryan] - then, when he helped me with my husband, and he kissed me, it was like Dorothy landing in Oz. Everything popped into Technicolor.
Seth: Ah.
Taylor: [offended] You think I don't know what that means?
Seth: I said "ah."
Taylor: Meaning "Ah, that Taylor. She is so pathetic. Someone's the least bit nice to her and she becomes totally obsessed with them. First me, and then her French husband when he lent her a subway ticket, now Ryan."
Seth: Well, isn't it kinda true?
Taylor: So what? Yes. I have a psychological predilection to become romantically attached to men who are nice to me, due to the fact I was raised by a she-wolf of a mother who practiced emotional terrorism. Does that mean, that if by some miracle, love does come into my life, I should deny it? What kind of person would that make me? What kind of life -
“I speak fluent housekeeper.”

“Your dad and Julie Cooper are doing it. Yeah, it’s a shock to me, too. I wouldn’t have believed it myself if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes. It was all very mid-‘90s, overwrought thriller, sort of a Verhoeven shade.”


I love Taylor for being so odd and kind of crazy but she also seems to be cheerful a lot of the time. I also like that she was fluent in several languages and also how she always seemed to talk to much and go off on random tangents. I thought she was a good friend to Summer and exactly the kind of girl Ryan need since she didn’t to be saved all the time. She’s also the character on the OC that I related to the most which is just kind of odd seeing how out there she could be at times.

4. Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl)
 

 

“Since we're not friends anymore, let me speak frankly. You're not that smart. You lack focus and discipline. Charm is all well and good, but in the real world, knowledge is power. You wouldn't make it past the first round of admissions at Yale no matter how hard you tried.”

Serena: I know you may find this hard to believe, but not everyone wants to go to Yale because not everyone wants to be Blair Waldorf.
Blair: Not everyone can be.


“Haven’t you heard? I’m the crazy bitch around here.” 

 "I'm ready for my punishment. Whatever you and God think is fair. Flogging, fasting, putting that thing with the teeth around my thigh like Silas."


I think it’s impossible to watch Gossip Girl not love Blair Waldorf. Although is a bitch a lot of the time I still always root for and I also like that despite how beautiful and popular she is still insecure which makes her easier to relate to. She also cares deeply about her friends, is extremely smart and is always come up with schemes which I love for.

3. Caroline Forbes (The Vampire Diaries) 



 

 

“So you're saying that now I'm basically an insecure, neurotic, control freak, on crack.”

“Why didn't he go for me? How come the guys that I want never want me? I'm inappropriate, always say the wrong thing and Elena always says the right thing. She doesn't even try, and he just picks her. And she's always the one that everyone picks. For everything. And I try so hard and I'm never the one…”

Caroline:You shouldn't leave again.

Tyler: You're kidding, right? This is the second time I've tried to kill you.
Caroline: Well, no friendship is perfect. 

 

“You help your friend. That's what you do.”

“Everyone just needs to stop kissing me!”

“I don't get to choose the ring I have to wear the rest of my life?”


I love Caroline so much it’s probably unhealthy how much I spend gushing about how wonderful she is. She’s just extremely cheerful most of the time and a great friend to all and seems to not hold any grudges. I also think she grew a lot since the first episode even before she became a vampire. Since becoming I vampire she has become a valuable member of the team, and also stronger, more confident and uses her vampire powers very wisely. I also find her to be cuter then a basket of kittens.  
 2. Drusilla (Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel)

 



 

“Do you like daisies? I plant them, but they always die. Everything I put in the ground withers and dies.”

Drusilla:I can't see her. The Slayer. I can't see. It's dark where she is. Kill her. Kill her, Spike. Kill her for me?

 Spike: It's done, baby.
 Drusilla:Kill her for princess?
Spike: I'll chop her into messes.

“Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example and will have no cakes today.”


Drusilla: I'm naming all the stars.
 Spike: You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling. Also it's day.
Drusilla: I can see them. But I've named them all the same name, and there's terrible confusion. 


"What will your mommy sing when they find your body?"

Dru is my favorite vampire by quite a lot actually I love her for being so crazy but at the same time she seems to know more then most probably due to her being psychic. I love her for being able to love and how she seems to come across as both childish and deadly it’s such an odd combination. 

1.River Tam (Firefly) 

 
 


“It isn't mine. The memory, it isn't mine. And I shouldn't have to carry it. It isn't mine.”

“Put a bullet to me. Bullet in the brain pan, squish.”

River: Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logistics - doesn't make sense.

 Book: No, no. You-you-you can't...
 River: So we'll integrate non-progressional evolution theory with God's creation of Eden. Eleven inherent metaphoric parallels already there. Eleven. Important number. Prime number. One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. Noah's ark is a problem.
Book: Really?
River: We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon. Only way to fit 5000 species of mammal on the same boat.


 
River: I remember everything. I remember too much. And some of it's made up, and some of it can't be quantified, and there's secrets, and...
 Simon: Hey, i-it's okay. River: But, I understand. You gave up everything you had to find me. You found me broken. It's hard for you. You gave up everything you had.
Simon: Mei-mei, everything I have is right here.
 
“Played with Kaylee. The sun came out, and I walked on my feet and heard with my ears. I hate the bits, the bits that stay down and I work, I f-function like I'm a girl. I hate it because I know it'll go away! The sun grows dark and chaos has come again. It's... fluids. What am I?”

“You're afraid we're going to run out of air. That we'll die gasping. But we won't. That's not going to happen. We'll freeze to death first.”

“The human body can be drained of blood in 8.6 seconds given adequate vacuuming systems.”
“Also I can kill you with my brain
I love River for being both the strongest and weakest character on the show all at the sometime. I love her for being so incredibly smart and I was surprised and impressed by how strong she was and how good of a fighter she was. I loved her being so crazy and how she would say things that made sense but in a way that made it seem like you were crazy if you understood it. I felt so bad for her having to feel everything, having powers she didn’t quite understand nor could she control and that she had memories that weren’t hers or weren’t true. She’s so interesting because she’s so many different things at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment