Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Movie Review: X-Men:First Class

                                             X-Men:First Class Review


I saw recently saw X-Men: First Class and I thought the film was wonderful. I liked the flashbacks at the beginning of the film with Charles meeting Raven which established their relationship and I also liked the flashbacks with Erik when his mother is taken away from him and is later killed it help us to understand his emotional state and motives for what he’s going to do later on. I also found the plot of the movie to be interesting and I thought that it seemed well directed.

My Favorite characters are Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr although they’re two very different characters I love both characters pretty much equally. Charles played wonderfully by James McAvoy, is a very young professor who wants to help other mutants and believes that they can fight alongside normal humans. In contrast Erik played excellently by Michael Fassbender, doesn’t for a second belief that normal humans will accept mutants and is still very much driven by revenge. Both characters are very interesting and the thing I find even more interesting is their friendship. I enjoyed their friendship very much despite knowing it was doomed. I liked how through the movie Charles kept trying to save Erik from himself and how despite the fact they both know the other wants very different things they both want to have each other on their side.

I also enjoyed many of the other mutants such as Raven(played by Jennifer Lawrence) who grew up Charles and who has trouble accepting her mutant side but by the end of the film she accepts who she is, I also liked Hank(played by Nick Holt) who is the geek lab guy, and Alex(played by Lucas Till) the teen who has some kind of power he can’t control. On the villains side I loved Emma Frost( played b y January Jones) the other telepathy who sexy and as this vibe that she very dangerous and is not to be messed with. I also think that Kevin Bacon did a good job playing Sebastian Shaw.

Overall I really enjoyed the movie and if I had to give it a rating I’d give it 4.86 stars out of 5. Please comment and tell me what you thought of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment