Monday, June 13, 2011

Book Review: The Secret Circle: The Power

                                                  The Secret Circle: The Power Review

The Power is the third and final book in the Secret Circle series and I would say it’s the second best with the Captive being my favorite. This book deals with Black John coming back from the dead and the circle trying to find who he is, what’s his plans are and most importantly how to defeat him.

I thought the Black John was a good villain and lived up to the expectations we were given in the first two books and there was also a really good plot twist involving him and Cassie. I also liked how the witch hunters we met in the first book come back and play an important role in this book. I also liked that Sally trusted what Cassie revealed about Jeffery’s death and how they sort of formed an alliance. I found it interesting that Faye started working for Black John it kind of reminded me of how Faith worked for the Mayor in season 3 of BuffyTVS but sadly it wasn’t as cool as that and led to us not being able to see Faye as much and her acting like a secretary.

I liked the relationship that developed between Nick and Cassie even though it seemed sort of sudden anyways I wish they would have ended up together instead of Adam and Cassie. This book made me really like Nick because we finally got to know him better I only wish we spent more time with his character. My favorite characters are still Faye and Diana although in this book we didn’t get to see much of Faye I still love her. I love Diana for being one of the nicest characters ever like how she isn’t mad at Cassie or Adam for going behind her back and how she gives Adam to Cassie at the end and she never gave up on Faye even when she was working for Black John. Diana’s niceness and purity reminds me of Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket who I love and is one of my favorite characters of all time so this is a high compliment and I also like that Diana is powerful and has moonlight hair even though in this book they called it sunlight hair instead.



Overall I enjoyed this book as well as the series as a whole and the only thing that really disappointed me was that Adam and Cassie ended up together I just didn’t get their connection. Anyways I look forward to the TV series this fall and I would like to hear your thoughts on the book please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment