- I disliked that the show started with a sex scene but luckily the show got better as soon as that scene ended.
- I loved that we saw from the beginning how good Julia was at her job and also how when running a news show the entire rundown can change at the last minute if you get wind of some bit of breaking news at the last second and I liked how it showed that Julia and her team are very good at changing their show at the last minute.
- I liked what we saw of Julia and Jake's friendship, I enjoy their snarky banter, similar personalities and the fact that the two of them promised to never lie to each other even though it would seem like a producer of a news show and a lawyer wouldn't want to share too much with each other.
- I liked that Jake's brother was concerned about him working on Oscar's case because he knows that he was close to Oscar's wife Sara in the past.
- I liked that it turned out that Julia and Jake sort of use each other in order to get ahead in their jobs with Julia getting exclusives from Jake because of who his clients are and Jake by being able to have a bit of control of the narrative that the media is going to have on what his clients are actually guilty of.
- I liked that Ryan the son of the guy that that owns the network that Julia works for is actually someone who really wants to work hard and to actually work his way up in the news industry.
- I liked Ryan flirting with Ella who works for Jake in order to find some kind of story so that he could impress Julia but I also liked that Ryan later admits that he actually does like Ella even though he used her to get ahead.
- I felt bad for Julia when she found out that her boyfriend who had just became a federal judge has been sleeping with call girls but I liked that Julia told him that she will forget him someday but he will never forget her because he will always be worrying about when she's going to reveal his dirty little secret to the world.
- I liked that there were quite a few twists to the case that was the focus of this episode that involved both the news and legal side of things because it made the interesting to watch.
- I didn't really like that Jake hooked up with Sara since she's married to his client but I understood why it happened so it didn't bother me too much.
- I liked that Ella called Ryan out for using her to get ahead but I also like that he offered to let her use him for something someday.
- I liked that Julia and the rest of her staff seem to all put the show above their own personally feelings because it shows how dedicated and professional they are.
- I was surprised that Sara ended up murdered by the end of the episode although I kind of feel like I shouldn't have been because I think they showed that in the promos for the show before the show aired but I was still surprised that she died.
- I'm curious about everything that Sara was hiding since she had fake passport being made and she ended up dead for some unknown reason.
- I'm curious who sent Julia the photo of Sara's dead body since it wasn't Jake or Oscar who are the two people that would have known that Sara was dead at that point.
- Overall I enjoyed the this episode and I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the series will be like. I find both the plot and characters interesting which is what I need to continue watching a series.
Saturday, November 5, 2016
TV Review: Notorious: Pilot(1.01)