Friday, September 28, 2012

TV Review: Merlin: Sword in the Stone Part 2(4.13)

                                  Merlin: Sword in the Stone Part 2(4.13)Review
  • I really loved all the scenes in this episode with Merlin telling Arthur he believes in him and believes that he'll be the greatest king the land has ever known, I also liked that Arthur valued what Merlin said a lot more in this episode than he usually does.
  • I loved that when Merlin took out Avrgaine and his men he didn't say the spell out loud, I love this because Merlin is someone who's powerful enough to do magic without saying a spell yet the show seems to never show this so it makes me happy when they do show that he has that ability.
  • I also just love that Avrgaine is dead because he's pretty much the worst character in the history of this show.
  • I loved the whole Sword in the Stone scene and I liked that the sword was actually removed by Merlin's magic and he just made sure Arthur thought he pulled out the sword so he could get his confidence back.
  • I liked that in this episode as well as the last it was shown that Gwaine and Elyan care very much for Gauis with how they did all they could to keep him alive.
  • I liked seeing Morgana filled with a childlike terror when she knew that Emrys was in the castle, I just like the moments were she shows true emotions because they seem so rare now.
  • I loved the scene were Arthur confronted Morgana about how he didn't understand what he did to make her hate him and he pointed out that while he may share some of his father's views Morgana shares Uther's methods for dealing with those who she considers enemies. I just really liked that these things were pointed out in the show.
  • I also liked that when Morgana and Gwen were fighting Gwen asked what did she ever do to make Morgana hate her so much and I liked that Morgana answered her truthfully with telling her it's what she's going to do not what she's done.
  • I was sad that Islode died in this episode because she seemed like a good character and I loved her relationship with Tristen plus her death seemed unnecessary.
  • I liked that Arthur and Gwen made up but it seemed like a little bit of a jump to see them get married at the end of the episode but I liked that they did get married because they clearly love each other.
  • I'm curious about why Aithusa decided to save Morgana and if that will have anything to do with series 5.
  • I overall really enjoyed this episode and series as a whole but I'm really upset that there's yet to be a magic revel and I hope that there will be one towards the beginning of series 5.
Please tell me your thoughts on the episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment