Monday, April 8, 2013

Top 10 Books I Read Before I was a Blogger

1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower: This is my favorite book of all time it's just written so beautifully because the main character Charlie who I love just has this beautiful way of thinking that is so different from anything else I've ever read. The story of this book of how Charlie an awkward freshmen gets through his year is both heartwarming and heartbreaking and I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone.
2. Impulse: This is the first book of Ellen Hopkins I've ever read and it's also my favorite, this book of course tells it story through poetry just like all her other books. This is the story of three teens recovering from their suicide attempts, I love all three of the characters and I love how we see all of their stories from their point of view and I think that all the characters have great depth so it was easy to care about them.
3. The Book Thief: This is a book that is heartbreaking and wonderfully written. The story makes you care about the characters even though the narrator death tells you very early on that almost all of them will be dead by the story.
4. Reading in the Dark: This is a book that I have read many times because it just grabbed me, it's about a young boy who grows up and learns more and more of his family's dark secrets which actually leads him to feeling more distant from his family as time goes on. I love this story of a messed up family and I just love seeing how being everyone's secret keeper begins to weigh on him and how knowing his mother's secret pretty much destroy any kind of positive relationship they could ever have.
5. The Glass Menagerie: This is another story of a screwed up family but it's in an entirely different way. The mother tends to be over dramatic and can be too pushy to her children, the son Tom wants to runaway from his family like his father did years ago and the daughter Laura can barely function at all when it comes to communicating to people do to extreme shyness. I love this play mostly because I've never related to a character more than I related to Laura Wingfield.
6. Percy Jackson and the Olympians series: This is my favorite book series of all time, it has great characters and I love the different relationships that developed between them. I also love that there's quite a bit of action in each book and that each book moves it's own plot and the overall plot of series along at the same time. I also love the great sense of humor that the series has.
7. The Looking Glass Wars: This is great series and a great way to retell the story of Alice in Wonderland. I love the characters and the world of Wonderland and I just love the series overall.
8. A Series of Unfortunate Events: I love that this book has a dark sense of humor, that it values a character being smart and that the author regularly tells you to stop reading the books because this is a sad story, I find this series different from anything else I've ever read and I think that's a good thing.
9. Uglies series: This was my first dystopian series and it's still one of my favorites it had a good plot and an interesting world. I also have always found the relationship between Tally and Shay to be fascinating.
10. Alice in Wonderland: I love this book because Alice is a great character with her odd thoughts and the world of wonderland is crazy in the best way possible. I also love the sense of humor the book has.

11 comments:

  1. I just got the movie The Perks of Being a Wallflower from the library and can't wait to watch it tomorrow! Here is my list:
    Top Ten Tuesday

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Book Thief!!! I can't believe I didn't add this one! Probably the most amazing writing I have ever read. Death as the narrator?! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Book Thief should have been on my list. Dang it. Ten just is not enough I say! I fail.

    I've never read The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I know I should, but I'm a bit afraid I'll not like it. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Alice in Wonderland and have been wanting to read The Looking Glass Wars! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/04/08/beforeblogging/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to start Riordan's books! Looking forward to them a lot. I read one Snicket's book but then stopped, not sure if there were all even translated. :L And I've read Perks last year and looooooved them!
    Awesome list!

    Happy reading, thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great ttt
    new follower via gfc (follow back please)
    check out mine :http://nabooksvsboys.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alice in Wonderland, how did I forget that! The Book Thief and The Perks of Being a Wallflower both on my to-read list. Looking forward to them.
    New follower :)

    BookishTrish @ Between the Lines

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, yes. Alice in Wonderland has always been one of my favorites. The Looking Glass Wars also awesome!
    Tammy @ Bo's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the sharing, but I would like having the book covers posted.

    ReplyDelete