Saturday, March 10, 2012

Book Review: Thirteen Reasons Why

                                                  Thirteen Reasons Why: Review
Thirteen Reasons why is a book by Jay Asher, and it's about a boy named Clay who listens to these tapes that were sent to him from a girl named Hannah Baker who killed herself a few weeks earlier and the tapes explains why. This book is very good at making you want to read it all the way through without stopping and I liked how we had two different narrators through out the book.

While I was always interested in Hannah's story I found that there were times I was anger at her for blaming certain people for her sucide because for the most part the people on her list were only making dumb mistakes like most teenagers do and while I agree they need to know that they're actions have consequences for the most part they don't deserve to be basically accused of murder. I was also angry at Hannah for not trying to ask for help or open up to someone earlier and even when she did open up to someone her mind was pretty much made up already. I didn't feel that Hannah's life was horrible enough to commit because it seemed like it was pretty much only her life at school that suck and she'd only be in high school for like two more years and her home life seemed okay I guess I just felt like she gave up too fast and I saw a lot of exits to escape her horrible life other than suicide unlike let's say Conner's life in Impulse were I could perfectly understand why he gave up on life.

 So I found that most of my sympathy in this book went to the living in this book even though most of them screwed Hannah up in some way I still felt more for them because they're still living with what they did and they still have to get up and face the world each morning with the knowledge they basically killed someone without even trying to.

I kind of love this book and it made me feel a lot of different emotions and it had me crying when Hannah told us goodbye even though I knew she would from the begining. Please tell me your thoughts on this book in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment