Friday, March 30, 2012

Book Review: The Hunger Games

                                                    Hunger Games: Book Review
The Hunger Games is set in a dsysoptian future were two teens and/or preteens from each district are forced into competing in a reality tv show were they have to kill everyone else in order to survive. The main character is a girl named Katiness who is from district twelve which is the poorest district and they almost never win the Hunger Games.

I overall thought the idea of the book was brilliant but I thought that it was as gory and brutal as I thought it would be but that can be justify with it being in first person which means we can only saw what Katiness saw. I mostly loved Katiness as a main character with her being brave and self sacrificing with volunteer to take her sister Prim's place in the hunger games and she was clearly badass do to her hunting skills with a bow and arrow so it made sense that she would survive to the end since she was far from helpless. The only thing I didn't like about Katiness is that she couldn't see that Peeta was in love her because it was fairly obvious that it was but I do understand why she wouldn't want to fall for him. I loved Peeta I found him sweet but I don't think it was realistic for him to survive the hunger games.

I overall liked the book but I think that I heard too much hype about it before reading it because I felt disappointed by it even though it was a good story. Please tell me your thoughts on the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment