Sunday, March 25, 2012

TV Review: Vampire Diaries: Break on Through(3.17)

                                  Vampire Diaries: Break on Through(3.17)Review
  • I found the explanation for why Alaric's ring made him have black outs and go crazy to make sense, basically he's infected by dark magic because he's came back from the dead so many times. I'm also glad that there was a way to fix that.
  • I actually really liked Meredith in this episode because it was clear that she really cared about Alaric and that she wasn't a psycho. I loved that she decided that it wasn't her place to judge vampires since she uses their blood to help people.
  • I liked how Alaric explained his past assault charges because his reasoning was kind of humorful.
  • I was very creeped out by all the pictures, the hit list and the note to Jeremy that was found in Alaric's apartment.
  • I thought Alaric was extremely creepy when he was taken over by the dark magic and tried to kill Meredith, I feel that Matt Davis plays creepy really well since he did it well in this episode and last season when he was possessed by Klaus.
  • I thought it was really creepy to learn that the killing will continue even when the person stops wearing the ring and I thought it was creepy and sad that Samantha Gilbert ended up killing herself while trying to give herself a lobotomy with a knitting needle.
  • I loved Damon's line about Alaric being "an accidental psycho killer," and I liked how Meredith mentioned that he has no tact.
  • I'm glad that Damon told Elena that he was the one who made Stefan and that Stefan need to learn self control. I also liked that Elena pointed out that Damon may not be the best person to treat him self control but at this point no one else was exactly offering to help so she still doesn't have a right to judge.
  • I loved that Damon told Stefan to stop being ashamed of himself.
  • I loved that Stefan helped Elena out with the Alaric being crazy thing by giving her information, knocking Alaric out when he was all crazy and feeding Meredith his blood to save her life. I also loved that he was able to control himself since Elena was there, I really hope these two get back together soon.
  • I hated that we didn't get to see Bonnie perform the spell that cured Alaric's craziness.
  • I loved that we saw Jeremy again even if it was only during a phone call but I'm mad that Elena didn't tell Jeremy that his ring could make him go crazy.
  • I liked the relationship that Damon and Sage had because I could tell why they were friends of a sort because they both seem to take what they want, sleep around a lot but will love someone for a really long time even though they haven't seen the person in a long time.
  • I found Sage's explanation of hearing that Finn was alive again and in Mystic Falls to  be a believable reason for why she showed up in this episode. I'm really curious about the relationship between Sage and Finn because from what we know about Finn he doesn't seem like someone who would be a good match for Sage.
  • I found the plan for Damon to make Rebekah vulnerable so that Sage could get in her head was well thought out.
  •  I liked that it was described that Rebekah craved loved and hated being ignored because when it was being explained it reminded me of Damon which just kind of made me ship Damon and Rebekah more.
  • I loved seeing Damon seduce Rebekah and I especially loved when they shared the piano player, I'm not really sure why.
  • I thought that Sage invading Rebekah's mind to figure out what she was up to was a good use of that vampire ability because up til this point it's only been used to mess with peoples dreams.
  • I liked how Sage showed Damon what she found out by kissing him in the shower, I kind of ship Sage and Damon as well but she's of course spoken for but I like to believe that Damon still belongs to Katherine so that doesn't really matter to me because I don't expect love from this pairing.
  • I found it very odd that Damon burned the documents only wearing a towel because even though he heals fast fire can still hurt him if an ember came up and hit him also there's no logical reason why he couldn't have gotten dressed not that have any problem with seeing Damon shirtless it just didn't make sense to me.
  • I was sightly surprised that Rebekah and Sage burned up Wikery Bridge which is made out of white oak and I completely bought Damon's anger in that scene. Now looking back at the rest of the episode knowing that some white oak still exist I wonder if Damon knew that Sage would go into his mind see the originals were link and betray him and he allowed this because he knew about the sign made of white oak but thought it would be better if he let the girls thought they won so they would drop their guard or did he just get lucky with the remembering the sign was still around after he found out he was betrayed.
  • I liked learning that witches feel connected to every living thing and it also explains why Abby might of a harder time than the average person to adapting to becoming a vampire.
  • I loved when Caroline told Jaime that he should be there for Abby because she needs to connected right now.
  • I also liked that we see that Bonnie is much more accepting of someone becoming a vampire now then she was back in season 2 when Caroline became one, I'm sure this has to do with Caroline still being the amazing person after becoming a vampire(actually she became more amazing).
  • I liked the interaction between Bonnie and Jamie.
  • I loved Caroline's speech to Abby about not abandoning Bonnie again and I hated that Abby left anyways.
  • I liked the ending of the episode when it's revealed that they have a weapon to kill the originals but I hope they don't succeed because I'm not ready to say goodbye to Elijah, Rebekah, Kol or Klaus yet.
Please tell me your thoughts on the episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment