Friday, March 16, 2012

TV Review: Vampire Diaries: 1912(3.16)

                                                Vampire Diaries: 1912(3.16)Review
  • I liked how the 1912 flashbacks related to the modern day council member killings and I also liked that it wasn't in the predictable way that I thought it was going to be portrayed when I saw the promo.
  • I liked seeing Stefan and Damon in flashbacks meet for the first time in nearly fifty years and I found it interesting that though Damon didn't want to be around Stefan he didn't want to make his life miserable either. I also found it interesting that though Stefan was similar to how he was at the start of the series but Damon was still closer to the 1864 version of himself with how he finds no joy in being a vampire and is still pretty formal.
  • I loved that when Sage told Damon that women are also for pleasure that Damon told her he was spoken for, I loved this because this implies that Damon didn't have sex for 48 years because he was saving himself for Katherine. This is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard and it proves to me that I am right to have Damon and Katherine as my one true pairing.
  • I'm glad that Sage was able to teach Damon that he could find pleasure in his vampire life because I feel at that point he really needed to.
  • I loved how after Stefan and Damon add a drink together that Stefan tried to convince Damon to drink animal instead of human and how later on in the episode once Damon has found that life is still worth living that he convinces Stefan to drink human blood again, I love this two scenes because it shows how after they both found a better way to live that they both tried to convince the other to one to join them in order to share that life together.
  • I was very creeped out when Stefan was draining that woman of her blood in 1912 and how he snapped her head off and I felt so bad for him as soon as he noticed this because he started saying he was sorry over again as he tried to put her back together again(I was really impressed by Paul Wesley's acting in this scene as well). I also liked that this scene gave a reason of why Stefan would hate Damon because have something that happened in  the past. I also liked that Damon wasn't actually trying to hurt Stefan but he just hadn't realized how bad Stefan's bloodlust was yet and I loved that he offered to help Stefan but I totally understand why Stefan rejected his offer.
  • I'm not really sure how I feel about Sage yet but she seems interesting so I look forward to meeting her in modern day.
  • I liked that Damon thought it was insane for the sheriff Forbes to imprison Alaric and I liked that this led him into recounting the other time when council members were being murdered.
  • I loved Damon and Stefan spending pretty much the whole episode together. I also loved that through out the episode Stefan was struggling with his quiting human blood and Damon was trying to convince him to instead try moderation which would prevent Stefan from becoming a ripper again.
  • I liked that Damon mocked Stefan's diary again and I loved when Damon and Rebekah read mockingly from it later on.
  • I liked that Damon described Finn as the creepy suicidal guy and I found it interesting that Finn had a past with Sage.
  • I liked that Rebekah after finding out that the Salvtores were the ones who might know about the white ash tree, she decides to spend the day with them while searching for information that they don't really end up giving her. I really liked the dynamic between the three of them.
  • I liked that Damon and Rebekah flirted a whole bunch in this episode and I now ship the two of them.
  • I liked that Damon compelled a girl then bit her and then told Stefan that if he didn't drink from her Rebekah would kill the girl and while that might seem a little cruel I think it was good for Stefan to drink from the girl because he needs to be able to control his bloodlust and moderation is the way to do that. Also the girl didn't die so I think the experiment was a success which Damon agrees with.
  • I loved that Damon tells Stefan that he's going to be there for Stefan every step of the way with helping him overcome his bloodlust and I love that he admits Stefan's the only one he's got because that has pretty much been true for the two of them since the beginning of the series. I also liked that Damon admits he feels guilty for not helping Stefan when he could have in the past.
  • I liked that after Damon admits to care about Stefan that Stefan decides to be helpful in the investigating the 1912 council member murders and I liked that it was discovered that Samantha Gilbert confessed to the crimes a decade later and that she went crazy.
  • I liked that Elena and Matt worked together to clear Alaric's name and I liked seeing more of Matt in this episode in general. I also ship Matt and Elena even more.
  • I liked that Matt was able to sneak the journal because he's the only normal one in town so no one pays attention to him which is also kind of sad.
  • I liked that Damon completely mocked Elena's attempts to making him feel guilty about turning Abby into a vampire because I don't think he has any reason to feel guilty because it's not like he knew or cared about Abby and no one died premantly. I'm also glad that Elena wasn't able to suck the personality out of Damon this episode.
  • I'm kind of disappointed that we don't get to see Bonnie and her mom dealing with her becoming a vampire.
  • I hated that Elena walked down the ally after Stefan had feed on the girl and then looked at him all judgemental and shocked. I hated Elena in that moment because I feel she has no right to judge because A) their vampires and they drink blood and no one died so get over it and B) she has no idea what's really going on so she shouldn't judge. I loved that Damon told her to leave and not make a big deal about it.
  • I liked that Matt asked Elena about her relationship with the Salvtores because it must really confuse him. I interpreted Elena saying that she felt like Stefan could give her eternal love and that Damon is like an annoying rash that won't go away, I don't get why anyone still ships Damon and Elena.
  • I liked that Elena mentions that crazy seems to run in her family, I also hope that this means Elena will go crazy one day because that would make her character actually interesting.
  • I liked that after Alaric is released from jail that he and Elena agrees to look out for each other.
  • I liked that Meredith was actually trying to protect Alaric by having him arrested and I liked that she isn't actually a psycho murder.
  • I found it really surprising and interesting that Alaric is a killer because his ring is either driving him crazy or Samantha Gilbert is possessing him because he cheated death so many times.
  • This may have been my favorite episode of the season so far.
Please tell me your thoughts on the episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment