Monday, February 19, 2018

TV Review: Shadowhunters: Parabatai Lost(2.03)

                                         Shadowhunters: Parabatai Lost(2.03)Review
  • I liked that this episode opened with a flash back to when Alec and Jace met for the first time and I liked that it established how Jace isn't used to really interacting with people his own age, that Alec is already having it drilled into his head that isn't good enough by his parents and that Jace is more advanced at the hunting aspects of shadowhunting than most were at his age.
  • I liked how Magnus explained that since the parabatai bond is made from an angelic sort of magic there really isn't much his magic can do to help Alec and I like that he explains that Alec needs to see Jace because part of his soul is missing since it got stuck when he was trying to track Jace at the end of last episode.
  • I think it was really bad luck for Jace that he happened to wash up on shore right next to Gretel's body and I can't really blame the woman that saw him for assuming that he was the one that killed her.
  • I like that Simon's mom figured out that he wasn't actually living in the dorms and that he now has to find away to explain where he's been without telling her the truth.
  • I like that Luke didn't assume right away that Jace was the one that killed Gretel although I can't blame for not crossing that out as a possibility.
  • I liked that Magnus called Jocelyn out for her habit of using people to get what she wants even though what she does often puts other people in danger.
  • I liked that Clary lied to Aldertree about not remembering anything about seeing Jace because she didn't him to send a bunch of people out to kill Jace again.
  • I liked that when Izzy was explaining to Clary what was happening to Alec that she worried that the same thing could be happening to Jace which mean he couldn't swim but Izzy assured her that Jace isn't dead because Alec's parabatai rune would have faded if that was the case.
  • I like how Izzy told Clary that the only thing that is keeping Alec alive right now is Magnus's magic but since he won't be able to use it indefinitely they need to find Jace quickly.
  • I found Maia's introduction in this episode to be quite charming despite the many problems I do have with her through out this episode.
  • I like that as soon as Clary tells Jace about how Alec needs him Jace promises to get there even though he knows that the Clave wants him dead right now.
  • I felt annoyed with Maia when she pretty much demand that Jace help out the werewolves with their problems right now and calls him selfish when he says he can't because all Jace wants to do is make sure Alec is okay which isn't something that is selfish at all.
  •  I felt really bad for Jace when all the werewolves started attacking him because they assumed he was the one that killed Gretal but I do find it funny how annoyed Jace seems to be with the whole situation.
  • I like that the reason that Raphael wants Simon to be the one to find Camille is because he is the only vampire sired by her that hasn't joined her side.
  • I really don't like how Raphael told Simon that his family doesn't mean anything to him now that he's a vampire and I like that Simon disagrees with this way of thinking.
  • I like that Simon was worrying about his mom when he saw evidence that she was drinking again and I like that he called Clary for help on finding his mom, I liked that Izzy told Clary that she should go and help Simon.
  • I like that Luke told Maia and another werewolf that he isn't as sure as they are that Jace killed Gretel and that no one is killing anyone until he says they can.
  • I really hate how Aldertree seems to want Alec to die and I really don't understand why he would want one of the best shadowhunters this institute has to die when they have a war that is likely to happen very soon.
  • I like that in the flashback to when they are teenagers that Jace is very excited about becoming parabatai because he believes that would make him and Alec really like brothers and I like that Alec is clearly hesitant to become parabatai because of this reason since he had romantic feelings for Jace at that time.
  • I really love how even when Jace seems like he's on the verge of bleeding out he still only cares about getting to Alec and making sure that he is okay.
  • I like that Clary suggests to Simon that he tells his mom the truth about him being a vampire so that he doesn't have to avoid seeing his mom anymore.
  • I like that the doctor mentioned that there was something weird about Jace's blood because it must be quite different from mundane's blood look under a microscope.
  • I found Maia's transformation into a wolf to be quite frightening to watch and kind of impressive as well.
  • I like that Jace's first concern when Maia transform was making sure that the mundane that was him was safe.
  • I like that Jocelyn saved Jace from Maia but I don't blame Jace for not being willing to accept her help since the last time they saw each other she was trying to kill him.
  • I like that Jocelyn pointed out that the Clave can be reasoned with but the werewolves can't be because from what I've seen of this series that is a very true statement.
  • I don't like that Izzy had to make a deal with Aldrtree in order to keep Jace from being killed by the werewolves but I understand why she did it and I think that deal is the only way that she could assure that both of her brothers made it through this thing alive.
  • I liked that when Magnus ran out of things he could think to do to wake up Alec that he kissed him hopping that maybe it was like sleeping beauty and true love's kiss could wake him up but of course it doesn't.
  • I liked that in the flash back when Alec was telling Izzy that he wasn't sure if he could go through with the parabatai ceremony that she told him that him and Jace work best together but they aren't meant be lovers and that one day he would find someone who would love all of him in way that Jace never could.
  • I think that when Clary kisses Simon on the cheek when she tells him goodbye after encouraging him to tell his mother the truth about him being a vampire is the first time that she shows romantic feelings for him in the series.
  • I don't like how Raphael threatens to hurt Simon's mom if he doesn't find Camille fast enough but I do like that Simon decided to move back home after hearing these threats.
  • I like that Clary tells Luke that Jace isn't the one that killed Gretel and that this leads to Luke calling his wolves off.
  • I find it a bit sad how Jace is willing to let Maia and the other werewolves kill him but he won't allow them to until after he saves Alec's life.
  • I like that Izzy arrives just in time to save Jace from the werewolves but I also like that she told him not to thank her yet because of the deal she made with Aldertree,
  • I like that we saw Jace and Alec's parabatai ceremony and we saw them saying the oath in flash back while Jace said it present day hoping that saying it would be what would bring Alec back to them.
  • I liked that when Jace thought that he lost Alec that he hugged him and told him please don't leave me while crying and I was so glad that Alec woke up a moment after that.
  • I liked that when Jace and Alec saw that each other was okay that they hugged and that they were both clearly crying because they were so relieved that the other was okay.
  • I liked that when Jace was arrested at the end and Alec asked what was going on that Jace said everything was okay because Alec was safe and that's all that really matters.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment