Tuesday, February 27, 2018

TV Review: Shadowhunters: Day of Wrath(2.04)

                                    Shadowhunters: Day of Wrath(2.04)Review
  • I think that the city of bones jail area is very creepy looking and sounding which I think is quite fitting for a prison.
  • I like that the first thing that Jace asks Clary when she visits him is if Alec is okay and that he only starts to talk about them after he's assured that Alec is alright.
  • I liked how when Clary tells Jace that she's feels like it's her fault that he's in there that he tells her it's not.
  • I liked that when Jace told Clary that she shouldn't ever come see him again because he's Valentine's weapon and Valentine knows that Clary's his weakness which will mean that he'll come to get Jace again and put anyone near him in danger that Clary is tells him that if Valentine comes they should just fight him off together.
  • I like that when Jace tells Clary that they can't have any kind of relationship with each other that she's unwilling to accept that.
  • I liked that Alec thanked Magnus for all he did to keep him alive last episode and told him that even though Jace was the one that pulled him out of his coma what Magnus did, did help him and he was aware of it.
  • I find it a little sad how Alec still trusts the Clave's legal system to be just and believes that since Jace was never on Valentine's side that means that he has nothing to fear from the Clave but since the Clave is corrupted Alec's trust in their judgment is sadly misplaced.
  • I liked that Alec and Magnus were planning to go off on their first date before Alec was told that he was needed for a mission and I liked that they were both so excited about going on a date with each other.
  • I like that Jocelyn wants Clary to move to Idris with her after she gets the order from the Clave she has to move their to prove her loyalty to them and I like that Clary isn't sure if she wants to move their with her mom because on the one hand she doesn't want to loose her mom again right after she got him back but on the other hand she doesn't want to completely leave behind the world she grew up in to move to someplace that she only recently even found out was real.
  • I like that Izzy and Alec pretty much ask Clary to be the three member of their team on the mission since Jace is gone right now.
  • I liked that Luke helped keep the mundanes away the crime scene were someone was killed by a demon.
  • I like that Clary points out to Alec that since she hasn't been training to be a shadowhunter her whole picking up on these things in such a short amount of time  are almost impossible and I like that Alec tells her that just means to try again.
  • I like when Alec mentions Clary going to Idris that she tells him not to get too excited jut yet since she hasn't made up her mind about going just yet.
  • I really didn't like how Aldertree tortured Raphael but I'm not really surprised because it seems like Aldertree only does things that I dislike or hate.
  • I like that Simon is trying to reconnect with his family and that he is making the time to try and have dinner with his mom and sister.
  • I found Jace's nightmare about how Clary comes to visit him again and he stabs her to be really messed up.
  • I find the idea that the silent brothers are able to use some form of mind control to give all the prisoners nightmares to be really creepy.
  • I liked how Jace says that he stands by all of his actions both good and bad and is willing to stand the consequences for these actions.
  • I like that Hodge tells Jace that he was sorry for what he did and I like that he clear sees now why he was in the wrong back than.
  • I liked that when they found a girl that was just possessed by a demon that Alec explained to Clary what just happened and I liked how Clary stepped in and was able to calm down and comforted the girl.
  • I liked that when Luke found out that Jocelyn was being forced to move to Idris that he decided that he would move there with her because he doesn't want to go another day being separated from her and I really liked the kiss they shared.
  • I like that when Izzy was clearly feeling guilty for putting Jace in the City of Bones that Lydia assured her that she did the right thing and ended up saving both her brothers.
  • I liked that Raphael went to Magnus for help after what Aldertree did to him and I liked that Raphael says that he knows it's a lot to ask of Magnus for his help finding and turning Camille into the Clave.
  • I liked that Raphael was able to figure out that the box Simon found in Camille's  place in India contains her grave dirt which can be used to summon her and that they can open the box with Simon's blood since Camille sired him.
  • I find the idea of demon that possesses people and feeds off people's negative emotions being loose in the Institute to be frightening. I liked that it was explained that the demon was only able to get past the wards because of Valentine's experiments on it.
  • I like how Izzy tells Clary that she's lucky to have a mom that thinks she's great and wants to spend time with you because it's so clear that Izzy wishes that she had a mom like that.
  • I liked that when Clary asked Izzy if she thought that she should go to Idris with her mom and I like that Izzy tells her that she doesn't think that she should go because no one there is going to teach her to fight in heels.
  • I was worried for Lydia when Raj was possessed by a demon and attacked her but I was glad that she was able to fend him off until Alec came be and shot him with an arrow which made the demon leave his body.
  • I liked that when Simon was trying to assure Magnus that Camille is a bad guy and deserves to pay for her crimes that Magnus admits that he can't defend anything she has done recently only states that she hasn't always been that way.
  • I was sad to learn that Magnus almost killed himself in the past but Camille being the one that talked him down from it does explain why it's still so hard for him to turn her in even when he knows that she puts a lot of people in danger just by being free.
  • I liked that Jocelyn went to Clary's room to make sure there wasn't a demon there because she wanted to make sure she was safe.
  • I liked that Clary tells her mom that she doesn't want to move Idris even though she'll miss her mom once she leaves.
  • I really hate how Aldertree keeps asking Jace about his relationship with Clary even though that has nothing to do with the crimes that he is being charged with.
  • I really don't understand how Aldertree knows so much about Jace's relationship with Valentine from childhood because there is no reason that he should have that information and it really has nothing to do with trial so I'm confused about why he'd even bring up the details that he shouldn't even have up.
  • I think it's pretty awful that Jace was suppose to be sentenced to life in prison just because he's unwilling to blindly follow the Clave even when there in the wrong.
  • I felt bad for Clary when she found her mother's dead body and I felt for Alec when he realized that he was the one that did when a demon possessed him.
  • I like that Alec tries to apologize to Clary after they see the video of what the demon did in his body but I also like that the only thing Clary can focus on is finding that demon and killing it for what it did.
  • I really hate how Camille tries to trick Magnus into letting her go by using his fear of loosing the ones he loves against him but I like that it doesn't work since her actions have put Raphael who he sees as family in danger so he sends her to the Clave.
  • I liked that when Valentine claimed that he attacked the City of Bones to rescue him that Jace pointed out that Valentine didn't come for him but for the soul sword.
  • I like that even when Jace is looking at spending his entire life in prison that he refuses to go with Valentine even then.
  • I was glad to see that Dot was still alive but sad that she was still being forced to work for Valentine.
  • I liked that when confronted by Izzy who was possessed that Alec was completely incapable of attacking her and instead only tried to restrain her and then tried to reason with her even though I'm pretty sure that you can't get through to someone who's possessed with an emotional appeal in this universe, I just really love that Alec just can't bare the thought of hurting Izzy.
  • I find it a bit odd that Izzy when possessed called Alec the favorite because he never came across that way but I'm guessing she would be talking about their mom and not their dad because their dad obviously favors Izzy but I guess Alec has a little better relationship with their mom than she does.
  • I like that Clary was able to get the demon out of Izzy and kill the demon but I was sad by how Clary started to breakdown after that because it's hitting her now that her mom is dead.
  • I like that when Simon comes in he goes over to Clary and comforts her even though he doesn't know what's wrong.
  • I like that when Jace comes in he goes over to Alec and Izzy to make sure that they are okay.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment