Tuesday, February 27, 2018

TV Review: Oh My Ghostess

                                                     Oh My Ghostess Review
Oh My Ghostess is about a Soon ae an outspoken ghost who can't move on to the afterlife because she died a virgin and therefore she has to find a way to settle her grudge by possessing someone and having sex with someone else. Soon ae started off the series unable to settle her grudge because she is only capable of having sex with someone who has a lot of negative energy. Meanwhile Na Bong sun is a timid assistant cook who can see ghosts who is having a hard time with most everything in her life because ghosts won't stop bothering her and one day Soon ae ends up possessing Bong sun's body and finds out that she is unable to get out of it. Soon ae of course there's to take advantage of being stuck in Bong sun's body and soon finds out that Bong sun's boss chef Kang Sun woo is a man that has a lot of negative energy so she sets her sights on him to be the one that will help her resolve her grudge.

After awhile Soon ae ends up being separated from Bong sun and she realizes that she has been possessed by a ghost and is frightened about how someone else was in her body and has changed her life quite a bit in the last few weeks which she has no memory of. At first Bong sun understandably wants nothing to do with Soon ae but after Soon ae finds out that Bong sun has had a crush on Sun woo for along time now Bong sun eventually makes a deal with Soon ae that she can possess her and settle her grudge and at the same time get Sun woo to fall for Bong sun. The plan works well enough in getting Sun woo to fall for Bong sun but Sun woo wants to wait to have sex with her to make it more special which while Bong sun finds sweet Soon ae doesn't really have time for.

This series also has a lot to do with Soon ae figuring out who she was when she was alive since she lost all her memories from when she was alive when she died and this leads to her looking out for her dad when she re-meets while possessing Bong sun. Soon ae also eventually ends up solving the mystery of how she died. Another thing I really loved about this series is that the events of the series cause Bung sun to grow more confident both as a person and as a chef as the series goes on and that was really beautiful to see.

Overall I really loved this series it was a unique series that was a lot of fun and I kind of liked that the series felt like it had to two female leads even though I felt like they should have balanced the two characters screen time better especially at the beginning of the series. I really liked the main couple and I was relieved that show was able to convince me that Sun woo was in love with Bung sun not just Soon ae possessing Bong sun and I feel like that was something that was probably a bit difficult to do. Please tell me your thoughts on this series in the comment section below.

2 comments:

  1. I love 'oh my ghostess', I think it's a great show. I saw it a while back. I still think the darker storyline is a bit too dark compare to the rest of the show but I really like all the characters especially bong sun and soon ae. I also like that each character has grown in some way by knowing each other.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and I'm glad to hear that you also enjoy the series as well.

      Delete