Tuesday, July 19, 2016

TV Review: How To Get Away With Murder: I Want You to Die(2.07)

                      How To Get Away With Murder: I Want You to Die(2.07)Review
  • I find it interesting that in the flash forward that Connor and Michaela are leaving the Hapstall house to talk to someone about Annalise or something but seems unrelated to the reason why Wes and Laurel are there. I also find it interesting that Wes is the one that brought the gun that night.
  • I was a bit surprised when Wes found Levi's gun because I had forgotten that Levi said that he stashed it there a few episodes ago.
  • I liked that scenes of Annalise asking a student in her class about what known facts about Mother Thersea could make her look guilty intercut with scenes of Laurel, Connor, Michaela and Wes coming up with arguments about why the unknown Hapstall cousin is the real murderer of the Hapstall parents.
  • I'm worried for Nate since it seems like he might be charged for helping his wife commit suicide.
  • I like that Eve came back to help defend both Nate and Annalise for the charges that could come from Nate's wife's death.
  • I was glad to learn that Asher's involvement with the gang rape is only that it happened at a party that he was throwing but I still understand why Bonnie doesn't want anything to do with him right now.
  • The case that Annalise takes this episode is with a client that has been harassing a woman and the last three of her spouses until the most recent one committed suicide likely because of said harassment. Honestly I completely understand why the woman wants this man in jail because he is both creepy and delusional and very fixated on her.
  • I liked that Wes considers making 85,000 dollars a year to be a lot and that Asher thinks it's cute that Wes thinks that because it shows how different their backgrounds are.
  • I liked that Annalise made use of the fact that the victim was an alcoholic as a reason why he might've committed suicide and made the victim's wife confirm that in court for her.
  • I found it a bit disturbing to listen to the victim's call to 911 right before he committed suicide where he says it's all because of him.
  • I felt bad for Laurel when Annalise told her that she couldn't come up with her own ideas which isn't even true considering that she's the one that came up with the alcoholic angle earlier this episode.
  • I was surprised to learn that Frank asked Oliver on his own to work on the hacking angle to figure out if the hapstall cousin was in town on the night of the Hapstall parents murders which he was. I liked that Connor was upset that Frank got Oliver more involved in things and I like that this anger clearly comes from a place of concern for Oliver's well being.
  • I liked that Annalise and Eve fantasied about a life together away from everything that makes it too complicated for them to ever truly be together.
  • I liked that Asher did originally want to help the girl rather than cover things up but in the end that's what his dad decided to do and he never did anything to make things better for her and I can understand that is reason enough for Bonnie to be mad at him.
  • I liked that Oliver finds everything that seems to go on in the Keating house more interesting than his own job and that's a big part of the reason he's so willing to help even though Connor has been very clear about how he doesn't want him there because it he knows it's not safe for him.
  • I liked that Michaela found out that there was DNA found at the Hapstall crime scene that didn't match anyone that lived or work in the house.
  • I liked that Annalise actually thanked Oliver for all the work he has done for her despite not actually working for her and I like that Oliver said that she seems much nicer than Connor said she was.
  • I liked that it looked like Even through Nate's case but that she actually has a plan to get him off but it would take more time to get the win.
  • I liked that Laurel figured out that the DA and the woman who's husband had just died were sleeping together. I liked that this piece of information is what helps Annalise win her case.
  • I liked that Annalise told her client that the woman he's obsessed with hates him, he has no chance with her and he's pathetic and she's done with him.
  • I liked that Laurel pointed out that she's the one that keeps everyone else in the house in line so that Annalise doesn't have to and I like that Annalise tells her that she knows and that she doesn't pay much attention to Laurel because she knows she doesn't have to.
  • I liked that Eve and Nate got the blood sample switched out somehow with the help of the nurse.
  • I liked that Wes asked Even why she helps Annalise even though she can get in trouble for helping her and I like that Wes told Eve that he doesn't get a choice about whether or not he helps Annalise.
  • I liked that Eve figured out that Wes was the one that really killed Sam and it seems like she has a connection with Wes that existed pre-show.
  • I liked that when Oliver decided to lure the Hapstall cousin out using a dating website and used Connor's picture instead of his own that Connor told him to stop with the low self-esteem and got mad at him for him behaving so recklessly.
  • I liked that Connor went along with the plan to legally get the Hapstall cousin DNA mainly to protect Oliver and I liked that even though Michaela and Frank thought the plan was good that Laurel clearly has her doubts and calls to tell Annalise about them although she doesn't answer.
  • I felt really bad for Bonnie when she was confronting Annalise about how she had no right to show Asher what she did about Bonnie's childhood and I can understand why Bonnie wishes at this moment that Annalise would die because having that kind of secret revealed is terribly violating.
  • I liked that Annalise told Frank to shut down the mission because it is a terrible idea.
  • I'm really worried about Oliver since the Hapstall cousin snuck into his apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment