Thursday, July 7, 2016

Movie Review: Paper Towns

                                                        Paper Towns Review
Paper Towns is based off of a book by John Green of the same name and it's the story about a high school senior Quentin Jacobson(Nat Wolff) who has had a crush on his much more popular neighbor Margo Roth Spiegelman(Cara Delevingne) who he hasn't been close to in years. One night Margo decides that her and Quentin will spend the night pranking people who have wrong her and Quentin believes that this could be the start of something between them but the next day Margo disappears and it becomes clear that she has ran away. Quentin along with his best friends Ben(Austin Abrams) and Radar(Justice Smith) and Margo's best friend Lacey(Halston Sage) spend the next couple weeks looking for clues about where Margo could have gone. The group ends up going on a road trip in order to find Margo.

This film is one that is very similar to the book and since I wasn't a huge fan of this book it made my enjoyment of the film not be has a high as it could be. I really enjoyed all the characters other than Margo and I really liked the character dynamics between all of those characters so there were actually a lot of things I did like in the film but having it all be centered around Margo really did take away from my overall enjoyment of the film. I did like that it felt like the movie was more centered around Quentin's friendship with Ben and Radar than his crush on Margo so that was a change I enjoyed along with the timeline being a lot faster than it was in the book.

Overall I thought that this was a good adaption of a book that I wasn't huge fan of but I did think it was a pretty good movie. I thought that the acting was overall pretty good and the only technical thing I had a problem with is that there were quite a few times when the characters would be talking too quietly for me to hear. Please tell me your thoughts about this film or the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment