1. Tohru Honda(Fruits Basket):Tohru is pretty different from any of the other characters on this list because she doesn't really have any special talents other than being extremely nice and she doesn't really set out to defeat enemies. Tohru is able to save pretty much everyone including the main villain just by being kind and accepting them for who they are flaws and all. The reason I think that her character can work as a hero in this series(because in most series she wouldn't be very heroic) is because most of the characters problems are psychological and all the other characters really needed was for someone else to tell them that it was okay to be who they are, that's exactly what Tohru does for them.
2. Sakura Kinomoto(Cardcaptor Sakura): Sakura is another character that is able to win people over with kindness but unlike Tohru it isn't her only skill. Sakura is also very skilled in magic and she can be suprisely resourceful with how well she is able to use it. She also doesn't give up when she is faced with a challenge.
3. Daenerys Targaryen(A Song of Ice and Fire series): I technically only read the first book and watched the first 19 episodes of the tv series but I don't see my love for Daenerys changing anytime soon so I thought it was okay to include her. I love Daenerys because of how she goes from this timid girl to a powerful warrior queen throughout the first book. I also love how fierce she became but even through that it's still very clear that she cares for her people just that now she'll make sure their enemies will suffer. I also loved that she was able to walk through fire and not get burned.
4. Sakura Hime(The Legend of Princess Sakura):She's a rebellious princess who has to find demons now and so far she seems to be pretty good at defeating them with her sword. She's also pretty brave and believes in protecting Innocent people even when it's likely to get her hurt.
5. Amu Hinamori(Shugo Chara): I just find her relatable since she doesn't really know who she is or what she wants out of life but she also has quite a bit of magical powers and a firm sense of what's right and what's wrong.
6. Katarina Bishop(Heist Society series): She's really smart with her being able to pull off quite a few heists even though she isn't even old enough to graduate high school and she also has good morals now because she refuses to steal from anyone who hasn't already stolen from someone else first. I also love how she acts in her scenes with Arturo Taccone because in those parts she's so witty and brave.
7. Chloe Saunders(The Darkest Powers series): I love that she compares everything to a movie and that once she discovers that she's a necromancer that she keeps trying to figure out how her powers work and that she's trying to figure out how to take down the Edison group.
8. Alyss Heart(The Looking Glass Wars series):Over the two books of the series I read she already had to win back her throne once and in the second book there's yet another war she has to try to win, so I think it's save to say she's a bit of a war queen.
9. Katniss Everdeen(The Hunger Games):I feel like now a days you couldn't make this list without mentions Katniss who is brave and has great bow and arrow skills.
10. Tally Youngblood(Uglies series): She has pretty much led revolutions and all though she does seem to suffer from chronic backstabbing syndrome she has made the world she lives in a better place.