Sunday, January 29, 2012

TV Review: Merlin:The Wicked Day(4.03)

                                                   Merlin:The Wicked Day(4.03)Review
  • I liked that when Uther was fatally wounded it was because he was defending Arthur because despite all his flaws he always loved his childern so I thought it was fitting that he went down like that.
  • I loved the scene in a sad way when Uther was dying in Arthur's arms and he told him that he loved Arthur and knew he would make him proud and with Arthur yelling for the guards and refusing to accept that Uther was dying, the scene made me cry. I thought that Bradley James did a great job in this scene and throughout the rest of the episode.
  • I liked that Arthur was willing to use magic and accept but I'm both sad and mad that Morgana ensured that the magic would fail in healing Uther.
  • I completely understood where Merlin was coming from with wanting to heal Uther to earn Arthur's acceptance and I find it sad with how close this came to happening.
  • I found when Merlin aged himself and pretended to be Dragoon again to be quite funny in some scenes but I always think that he acts a bit crazy when he pretends to be him.
  • I hated that the turn of events led to Arthur seeing magic as being pure evil.
  • I hated that Merlin may be right when he said that now Arthur can never know him for who he really is.
  • I loved the scene at the end of the episode with Merlin and Arthur with Merlin waiting outside the room the whole night while Arthur mourned his father because he didn't want him to be alone and then Arthur called Merlin a loyal friend.
  • I don't really get why Morgana would want it to seem like magic killed Uther because I remembered that she use to want her people to be free and turning Arthur against magic is not the way to do that. I guess she just wants the thorne now which makes me sad that she lost herself that much.
Please tell me your thoughts on the episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment