Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Book Review: Shiver

                                              Wolves of Mercy Falls:Shiver Review


Shiver is a book by Maggie Stiefvater is about a girl named Grace who was almost killed by wolves at a young age but was rescued by one with golden eyes and then became obsessed with them. Sam is a boy who turns into a wolf in the winter and he was the one who rescued Grace and he watches her from afar for years. Then after a while Sam and Grace meet and fall in love but with the weather growing colder they both know it’s only a matter of time before it all has to end.

I really liked the relationship that developed between Sam and Grace it felt magically and believable which is something I find hard to pull off well. I liked Grace she seemed normal but different enough that she felt like her own character. I loved Sam he’s my favorite character, he’s so sweet, I love how he writes songs in his head all the time and I also feel really made for him because all he wants is to stay human but he knows his time is coming to an end and also the completely disturbing thing his parents did to him when he was little.

I overall really liked the book and I liked that their were other plots that had to do with other wolves and both of the characters past but mostly Sam’s. I plan to read the next book in the series as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment