Saturday, August 12, 2017

TV Review: Shadowhunters: Major Arcana(1.07)

                                      Shadowhunters: Major Arcana(1.07)Review
  • I find it interesting that the cup is hidden in a tarot card and I was happy that Luke was able to tell Clary that he had the cards in his desk at work.
  • I'm not sure how I feel about Simon hooking up with Maureen but I did feel bad for her when Simon called her Clary because he hallucinated that he was talking to Clary rather than Maureen.
  • I liked that when Luke told Clary and Jace to wait outside while he grabbed cup that Jace says he didn't want to go anyways while sounding like that was the exact opposite of the way he feels about not being able to go with.
  • I find the idea that Valentine might have circle members working in the NYPD to be interesting and the does make getting the cup a bit harder.
  • I find it a bit frustrating that internal affairs officers come to question Luke right before he gets the cup from his desk.
  • I find it a bit sad how Izzy packed up her more revealing clothing and a picture of Meliron because she's trying to be the type of person the clave expects her to be in order to save Alec from having to get married.
  • I liked that Izzy told her dad that she would do the reports instead of Alec when he was looking for Alec when he still wasn't back from Magnus's.
  • I liked how Clary and Jace snuck into the place where Luke was being questioned to find out what is going on and I like that Clary is worried when Luke tells her about him becoming a prime suspect in a murder investigation.
  • I like how Izzy gets excited when Alec says that he didn't do much sleeping when he was at Magnus's but her clarifies that he was just helping treat Luke's wounds and then admits to Magnus making cocktails.
  • I like that Izzy is upset that Alec never talks to her about his personal life when she tells him about hers all the time.
  • I liked that after Alec hears that Izzy broke up with Meliron because he wasn't a shadowhunter that he told her that while he appreciates that she's trying to make things easier for him that he thinks that she shouldn't be someone she's not and I like that Izzy points out to Alec that he does the same thing but he denies that.
  • I liked how Clary and Jace can't use the glamour rune so they have to figure out a different way to get to Luke's desk and I loved that Clary decided that the best way to do this was to make a scene where she accuses Jace of cheating on her after she slaps him, I found this whole scene hilarious.
  • I find it frustrating that the cup was moved just right out of reach right before Clary was able to get it out of Luke's desk.
  • I like that Simon is making a pro and con list about whether or not he is becoming a vampire.
  • I found it creepy when Simon hallucinated that his coffee has become blood and that it was bubbling up.
  • I like how Jace is so upset that Clary slapped him, I just find it a bit funny how offended he is that she slapped him.
  • I felt bad for Simon when Clary didn't take him seriously since she was busy figuring out how to get the cup.
  • I was sad that Luke's boss was killed but I'm glad that her death is a least clearing Luke's name in the murder investigation.
  • I liked how awkward the scene with Simon's mom and sister having a bit of a drug intervention for him and I liked how it got a bit more awkward when Simon told them he thinks he's sick and his mom thought it was an std and then started talking about her college days, things took a bit of a darker turn when Simon broke his desk which scared everyone.
  • I liked that when Clary said to not worry about Alaric since he's on their side that Jace mentions that he kidnapped her using that line on her the day before.
  • I liked how Jace help Clary draw the night vision rune on her back and I like the sexual tension in that scene.
  • I liked how when Izzy told Alec that he had to be distraction this time that he pointed out that while she does this kind of thing often he never does and I liked that Izzy unbutton Alec's shirt and that Alec then buttoned it right back up. I also like that Izzy pretty much told Alec that he needed to practice flirting so he could ask Magnus out.
  • I liked that Alec completely failed at flirting right from the start and that he distracted the guard instead by awkwardly knocking over a water bottle, trying to clean it up and taking far too many information pamphlets.
  • I liked that when Clary finally found the cup that she wasn't able to figure out how to pull it out of the card and I like that Clary and Alec have a brief argument about how she theoretically has the cup.
  • I like that they have to deal with demons while surrounded by mundanes who can't know about the existence of demons.
  • I liked that Clary has a hard time telling when a shape shifter demon is a demon since she is still very new to the whole shadowhunter thing.
  • I like that when Alec stays behind to hold off the demons that Jace is very oddly worried about Alec's safety even though he knows Alec knows what he's doing  and he is fine with splitting up with Clary later on in the episode, how ever odd it was it's nice to see Jace care.
  • I felt so bad for Simon when he left Clary a message about how he was afraid that he was becoming a vampire and then he hallucinated Camille taunting him and telling him that blood is stronger than everything.
  • I liked how Clary told sorry for everything that she's put him through and I liked that Jace told her that she doesn't have to and she tells him that he can't stop him from doing that.
  • I like that Clary was able to pull the cup out of the card when she was backed against the wall by demons and that she used it to get them away from her.
  • I liked that Clary was able to tell when the shape shifter demon was impersonating Jace and that she killed rather than give it the cup.
  • I liked that Luke and Alec went to make sure that Clary was okay and that when they saw that she killed the demon that Alec seemed a bit proud of her for being able to handle herself.
  • I liked that Jace was really worried about Clary when she didn't come out of the tunnels at the same time that he and Izzy did, I also like that he told her that he cares about her not the cup.
  • I liked that Clary kissed Jace after she told him about how she killed a demon and I liked that it showed Alec was hurt by seeing this.
  • I felt so bad for Simon when he was relieved after Camille told him that he would've been fine if he hadn't returned right before she kills him.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment