I've been participating in the Top 10 Tuesday meme for about 3 and a half years now so I pretty much have done all the topics that I wanted to do that they have had already so I thought I'd use this week's list in order to get out a few topics I think would be fun for future lists especially since I've noticed within the last year the topics have gotten quite repetitive such as that time last year when we basically had three weeks of to be read list in a row.
1. Top 10 Characters Written by a single Author: I'm actually surprised that this one hasn't been a topic before because there's been quite a few lists about favorite authors and it would make sense that one of the reason your favorite author is your favorite is because of the characters they created. I think that having a top 10 list like this would allow us to be able to talk about characters that we love a lot but not enough to make an overall favorites list and I think that being able to write about the characters that we don't get chance to usually would be more fun than talking about her absolute favorites for the tenth time.
2. Top 10 vampires/werewolves/fairies/witches/Etc.: Although I've noticed that a lot of us(myself included) are sick and tired of series about the same old paranormal creatures(vampires and werewolves mostly) but for some reason we've never had a list in which we actually got to talk about those creatures which we actually loved despite how annoyingly popular they've become in recent years, I think it would be fun to focus on those of that species that we loved rather than how sick if it we are for a change. I know that there are some people who aren't into fantasy series but I feel like there's a lot of list topics in the past that haven't been suit to everyone such a debut books which I never know anything about and since I have to buy all my books I don't usually read them until a few years after they come out so I don't see a problem with talking about paranormal creatures especially since I'm pretty sure I could make a list for both vampires and werewolves which pleases me more than it should.
3. Top 10 Ships in Paranormal Teen Series: Paranormal YA as we all know has been a very popular genre for the past couple of years and since most of those stories are basically romance with a fantasy element I think it would make sense to have a list of which of these romances or potential romances which you loved or at least liked a whole lot. I also think it would be kind of funny to see how many combinations of different species dating that have happened through out the genre I know I have quite a few combs such as the standard ones of vampire-human, werewolf-human, vampire-vampire, and fairies but then I also have a few less common ones that come to mind as well such as vampire-werewolf, banshee-human and werewolf-kitsune. So I think this list would be fun for all of us to share with each other also we get to talk about romance which we all seem to like doing as far as I can tell.
4. Top 10 Sidekicks: I'm surprised that this hasn't happened before because it just feels like it should have been by this point. Anyways since sidekicks are pretty common in fiction I think this would be a list that all of us could make and I think it would be fun to see the differences of what we all think makes a good sidekick like is it there competency or if there funny or if they make you swoon. Also I would love to have this list because than I could write about how the sidekick has to be suited for the main character and I would love to talk about how their partnership works throughout the series and how much importance the series puts on this relationship.
5. Top 10 Songs that remind you of a character/ship: It seems like it's a fairly common thing to associate a song with your favorite character or favorite fictional couple so I think that it would be fun to have a list where we share all the songs we associate with these fictional worlds and explain why we think that song suites them and it would be a fun way to be introduced to new music.
6. Top 10 Cliches you Love/Hate: People call almost everything cliché which causes me to think that maybe everything is a cliché or that everyone in a certain part of a certain fandom are reducing everyone done to a stereotype because there's no way after three seasons of development that they are still the same cliché that they claim they are. My point is that most stories are built on clichés but eventually develop past them if they are well written and this list would be about the ones that you like and the ones you hate.
7. Top 10 Quotes that Summarizes Love For You: I've been thinking about this idea for awhile now and I think it would be perfect for Top 10 Tuesday since books have so many quotes that we find romantic but this list isn't just ones that make us swoon it's about those quotes that don't just sound pretty but you just read or hear them and think that's what love means or what love should mean. I think it would be interesting to see the different quotes that speak to us and maybe even a little bit about the why it does although I know quite a few people like quotes to speak to themselves I think this list is a good place to tell us why it means so much to you.
8. Top 10 Songs that You Wish a Book Could be Written About: There are some songs that when you listen to the lyrics you can tell that there's a story to the song and you can't help but imagine a story to go along with it and this is what this list would be about.
9. Top 10 Scripted TV Shows or Top 10 Reasons Lovers of Fiction shouldn't dismiss TV: I know that this topic will never be a topic for Top 10 Tuesday but I love television and I hate how dismissive of TV that quite a few book bloggers are since a TV show can be just as well written or even better than a book so I think that saying that all TV is garbage is just really snobby since scripted TV is just another form of fiction told in another way and there's really great stories and characters to be found there as well as great acting. I really just wished that more people understood that it is possible to intellectually watch TV I know it is because I do it all the time.
10. Top 10 Series with 3 Main Characters: Since Twilight a lot of YA series have started to have love triangles which has lead to a lot of series having three major characters in which the story revolves around and while most of them are love triangles not all of them are such as Harry Potter(which came out before the trend). I think that it would be fun to have a list about the different series with three main characters and how each story uses the relationship between the main three, I just kind of have a thing about trios I want to discuss them and would love if this meme could give me an excuse to although I'll probably end up talking about it anyways.