1. Game of Thrones: I love the Game of Thrones series which is based on the book series A Song of Ice and Fire and I think based on reading the first book that the tv series is a pretty good adaption of the series. I love this series for having great characters, intriguing plots and amazing visuals.
2. Vampire Diaries: I love the Vampire Diaries tv series but I've never read the books and from the plot synopsises I read on wikiapedia I don't want to ever read the books because it seems the books are completely different from the tv series. I love most of the characters especially Caroline and there are quite a few relationships I love whether they be friendships(Stefan/Caroline), sibling relationship(Damon/Stefan) or romantic(Damon/Katherine). I also love how fast the plot moves, I love that Mystic Falls is one of the craziest places to live with it's extremely high murder rate that never stops the town from throwing parties.
3. Merlin: I love the BBC Merlin series that is based extremely loosely on Arthurian legend, I just love this show. I love most of the characters and friendships, I also love seeing magic and sword fighting.
4. Cardcaptor Sakura: I just love Cardcaptor Sakura and while I love the manga more I still think that the anime is great. I think the animation is good and has held up pretty well over time. I also love that it keeps close to the plot of the manga and I like the voice acting and music of the Japanese version the English dub is awful.I love this series for always being able to make me happy.
5. Pretty Little Liars: I love this show although I haven't read the books, I enjoy the show for it's characters and the mysteries they encounter.
6. Secret Circle: I love both the tv series and the books even though they are very different. I wish that this show would be coming back for a second season because I would love to see more of the characters and their magic.
7. Dexter: Dexter is a great show with an unusual main character but I haven't read the books on which the series is based.
8. Gossip Girl: I don't watch this show on more but I used to love it and I find the tv series to be a lot better than the books.
The shows I didn't like:
1. The Lying Game: I read the book first and I didn't like the changes that were made because it just felt wrong to me especially the changes regarding Ethan's character.
2. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle: This show had an amazing soundtrack but other than that it was a huge disappointment. The animation wasn't good and neither was the writing it was just a bad adaption but at least the OVAs were good.