Monday, July 16, 2012

Manga Review: X Vol.2

                                                                  X Vol.2 Review
Volume 2 starts off right were volume 1 ended with Sorata and Yuto battling inside a Kekki(a magical barrier that is in a separate dimension from the real world in order to insure nothing in the real world is damaged). Sorata and Yuto decide to introduce themselves to each other and compliment each others fighting/magic skills, which I found very entertaining. Their battle ends rather abruptly when when Fuma walks into the Kekki which is something an ordinary person shouldn't be able to do.Fuma seeing the damage their fight had caused assumed  that Sorata and Yuto were the ones to hurt Kamui earlier but they clear that matter up pretty fast with Yuto leaving and Sorata following Fuma in order to meet with Kamui.

Meanwhile Hinoto decides to send Kamui dreams which involved showing him how Fuma and Kotori found their mother's body in pieces, his mother burning in a fire and Kotori being decapitated these images make Kamui understandably upset. Kamui then vows that he will kill her if she tries hurt Fuma or Kotori. It's then shown that the dream has also been seen by Kanoe who is Hinoto's sister and it's revealed that Kanoe is working with Yuto who is one of the seven angels and a girl named Satsuki who shares a special bond with machines. It's also mentioned that Sorata is one of the seven seals. The angels and the seals are the two sides that will fight in the battle that will decide the fate of the world.

Soon after Kamui wakes up Fuma and Sorata arrive and Kamui is still trying to keep his distance from Fuma and Kotori so he continues to act coldly to them and he distrusts Sorata. Soon Kamui and Sorata are left alone which leaves them time to talk about all the end of the world business which Kamui still wants nothing to do with.

The volume ends with Fuma's and Kotori's father being killed by Nataku, one of the seven angels, who stole a sword that's destined for Kamui which came into being through Fuma's and Kotori's death(I'm not sure how or why that caused a sword to be create but that's the story of the sword).

I overall enjoyed this volume and I felt I got a better feel for the characters we spent time with. I'm glad that this volume started introducing more characters. So far I really like Sorata as a character as well as Kotori and Fuma and I'm understanding Kamui alot better in this volume than  I did in the first. I thought the art was wonderful and I found the scenes with bodies in pieces to be very disturbing due to how pretty the art style is. I feel like the plot hasn't really started moving yet but I find all the mythology type things to be very interesting so I think it's probably for the best that the plot is moving slowly at the moment. Please tell me your thoughts on this volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment