Since this was also a Top 10 Tuesday list last year that I did I decided to make sure that I didn't put any of the books I put on the list last year so most of this books won't really be what I think of as beach reads(especially since when I go to the beach I spend the day swimming not reading so I'm not really sure what a beach book is)
1. Hex Hall: I think this book would be a good beach read because the story of the first book at least has an overall humorous tone and while thinks do get dark at times through out the book it never gets too dark. Plus there's witchcraft and the amazingly cute friendship between Sophie and Jenna(the witch who knows nothing of the supernatural and the vampire who love all things pink) which is my favorite thing in the book.
2. Heroes of Olympus: I think this series fits because it's an action adventure series that has quite a lot of comic moments also there's great characters and mythology through out the books. There are times when things don't look like they aren't going to work out but so far things haven't become too dark or sad yet.
3. Cardcaptor Sakura: This is the series that makes me happiest because the story is by far the sweetest one I've ever read and I love everything about the series the characters, the relationships, the plot and the themes. This series is adorable and I never get tried of it and the artwork is gorgeous as well, also I've been in a bit of a Clamp mood the last couple of days so I'm putting a lot of Clamp on this list but I feel this series best fits my idea of a beach read.
4. Beauty Pop: This is a series that I think fits being a beach read because it's one that makes me laugh and I don't take it too seriously but I still love the series. This series is about people who are over the top serious about hair cutting and most of these people are boys which makes it even more hilarious.
5. Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass: This book is one of my favorites because it's about a world of nonsense and I think that it'd be a good book to loose yourself in while your down at the beach.
6. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle: I'm honestly putting this on the list mostly because I'm in a Tsubasa mood at the moment and I really want to reread the series but I do actually believe the first half of the series would be a good beach read. The first half of the series is relatively light hearted and there's plenty of adventures and general silliness as well as the start of our group of travelers eventually becoming like a family which is one of my favorite things about the series. Then of course my favorite thing in the series is probably that in the first half of the series we get plenty of sweet/cute moments between Syaoran and Sakura which I always adore. I'm going to spam a few pictures of these two because I love them, they're cute and I need more pictures of them on my blog.
7. Shugo Chara: This is a lovely magical girl series that deals with self discovering and is super cute and I love the characters and the plot as well and I think it's a nice light read that would be good for the beach.
8. Magic Knight Rayearth: This is a series that I think would be a great beach read because it's full of action and adventure as well as a great three girl friendship that is incredibly sweet. Also it's another magical girl series and I'm a big fan of those. The end of the first half the series is pretty sad though so be sure to read the second half of the series if you want a happy ending.
9. Kobato: This another series by Clamp which means it has gorgeous artwork also I love the kindhearted but somewhat clueless heroine and I love seeing her try her best to do good deeds. It's a sweet fun series that I think would be a good beach read.
10. Wolves of Mercy Falls series: This series I think would be a good beach read due to it's description of the temperatures because it always manages to make me feel a bit of a chill. Although I wouldn't exactly call the series light because of Sam's past and well Cole in general and Isabel is pretty messed up in Linger as well and the whole being a wolf thing doesn't sound all that great either so it has quite a few darker elements in my opinion which makes me love the series even more but if your goal is to read a happy book it wouldn't be my first choice.