Sunday, June 9, 2013

Book Review: The Lying Game: Hide and Seek

                                                       Hide and Seek Review
The fourth book of The lying Game series starts off with Emma suspecting that Laurel is the one that killed Sutton due to the fact that Laurel's alibi of being at Nisha's sleepover all night no longer holds up and because it's pretty clear that Laurel is extremely jealous of Sutton's secret relationship with Thayer. For the first half of the book everything leads Emma to believe that Laurel is Sutton's killer but halfway through the book after over hearing a conversation Emma begins to suspect that Mr.Mercer may have killed Sutton.

I really enjoyed the second half of the book where Emma believed that Mr.Mercer was the killer because he is by far the scariest of all the suspects that Emma has have so far in the books because of his position in her's/Sutton's life and because he is a lot stronger than her. I also really loved the plot twists that came at the end of this book involving Mr. Mercer because I didn't even suspect that could happen.

Also the subplot with the Lying Game group throwing a dance and get a bit of revenge on a group of girls who caused the dance to get canceled and blamed it on the group was a fun subplot. I continue to love the romance between Emma and Ethan with him helping her out with her investigations and being the one person she can be herself around, I especially loved their date at the planetarium where they discussed their love for Star Trek it was a very cute scene. On the other hand I disliked how Thayer kept trying to come on to Emma  but I'm glad nothing happened between them.

I overall loved this book and I can't wait to read the nest book in the series and see what other twists and turns the series may take. Please tell me your thoughts on the book.

1 comment:

  1. I read this book, but still need to read the 5th one. I totally think it's Ethan that's the killer... that's my theory. I don't think Becky or Mr. Mercer would kill their own child (adoptive or biological). Ethan just knows too much about Sutton from before Emma showed up that he shouldnt know. And even his mom in this book acted like she knew Emma. There's something wrong with that since Sutton and Ethan were never friends. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete