Friday, January 13, 2017

TV Review: Timeless: The Alamo(1.05)

                                                  Timeless: The Alamo(1.05)Review
  • I liked that Rufus was still very freaked out by his encounter with the Writtenhouse agents and I liked that Mason was concerned about Rufus when he heard that they contacted him directly. Also while I believe that Mason doe in fact care for Rufus and his well being I can see why Rufus is having a problem believing and trusting him at the moment.
  • I thought that it was kind of crappy that the military people who are not directly working on the case are having Wyatt replaced because he hasn't been able to kill Flynn within the first four missions because this situation is one that is a lot more complex than a normal mission I think that it's a bit absurd to expect results this fast when dealing with so many unknown factors.
  • I like that Wyatt knew when the Alamo is because he was raised in Texas.
  • I was a bit annoyed with Lucy's mom when she was begging Lucy to tell her what is going on with her new job that she knows Lucy isn't allowed to talk about while she is still refusing to tell Lucy who her real father is.
  • I liked that Lucy and Rufus were alarmed and thrown off by the fact that Wyatt was fired and I liked that Rufus asked how he got fired and how can he get himself fired. I liked that when Wyatt told them that he knew the guy that they were sending in, in his place and said that they would like him better that it was clear that Lucy was thinking that no one would be better fit than him.
  • I liked that Rufus and Lucy were delighted to see and hear Davy Crockit telling stories because he was someone they've both grown hearing about.
  • I was worried about Wyatt when he started to see soldiers from modern day in the church ruins at the Alamo site and I'm wondering if he was having some sort of flashback, I liked that when Lucy saw him she asked if everything was okay and I liked that even though he said he was fine it was clear she didn't believe him.
  • I liked that when Flynn came to Travis that he tried to kill him because of warning that Wyatt gave him about Flynn earlier but sadly that didn't save his life.
  • I find it interesting that Travis was most likely killed because he didn't finish his letter that called for victory or death which is the reason why everyone remembers the Alamo and the reason why Texas even became a state.
  • I'm worried about how Flynn influencing the Mexican to attack three days early and to not let the women and children go would make things worse.
  • I liked how Wyatt told Rufus that he had to find a way to get the women and children out and I liked how Rufus told him that the reason so many people died during the Alamo is because there was no way out and I liked that Wyatt told him that there was no one as smart as him there and that he should make a way out. I also liked that Wyatt told Lucy to finish the letter for Travis and to also get that letter out.
  • I was surprised to learn that not letting the women and children wasn't Flynn idea and that he was as horrified by the thought of them dying as the rest of main characters.
  • I liked that Rufus figured out that they could use the aqua ducks as a way to smuggle the women and children out of the Alamo as well as escaping themselves.
  • I liked that it turned out that Lucy couldn't remember exactly what was in the letter and that this surprised Rufus and led Wyatt to telling her to stop being so much in her head and instead to write from her heart because it's not the exact words that matter but the feelings behind it.
  • I liked that Wyatt told Lucy that all this pretending to be something he's not is something that is preventing him from doing his job.
  • I liked how Rufus asked Davey Crocket how he's not freaking out right now and I liked how he told him that he is scared more often but he acts fearless because knows that's the kind of leader that his people needs are.
  • I liked how Wyatt told one the Colonel's about how experienced a situation somewhat similar before in the past where he made it out but the rest of his men didn't and that the only reason that he was the one that survived is because he won a coin toss of who takes the intelligence out and that his friend told him it was fate that he was the one that survived which might be one the reasons why Wyatt doesn't believe in fate and why he can't just let people die because history said they did.
  • I liked that Lucy overhearing Wyatt talking about his past led her to finally being able to come up with a letter that can make people remember the Alamo.
  • I liked and was sad  that Wyatt wanted to stay at the Alamo because he didn't have  anyone back home waiting for him and this was his last mission with them anyway so he doesn't see the harm in fighting and dying for something like this. I liked that Lucy told Wyatt that she needed him that she didn't want and wouldn't trust anyone but him to do the job and I liked that she convinced Wyatt to come back with her for her and Rufus's sake.
  • I liked that by the end of the episode Wyatt started to refer to Lucy and Rufus as his people and his team.
  • I liked that Lucy and Rufus both said that they wouldn't do the job without Wyatt because he's the guy that they trust to have their backs and that because of this Wyatt gets to stay.
  • I liked that Lucy's mom finally told her about her dad and that she gave her his name as well.
Please tell me your thoughts on this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment